Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there something wrong with www.singaporeair.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something wrong with www.singaporeair.com?

Title says it all. Can't seem to access the website from my computer (both Safari and Firefox).

FRICK! I can't check in!

Also been getting a lot of timing outs too recently. Hm...

Last edited by globetrekker84; 27 December 2006, 01:26 PM.

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
    Title says it all. Can't seem to access the website from my computer (both Safari and Firefox).

FRICK! I can't check in!

Also been getting a lot of timing outs too recently. Hm...

Same problem here. I have been trying to access my booking for the past 2 hours but failed to open the page. Probably there's some technical problem. Or maybe the heavy load?

Comment

It's down because of the Taiwan earthquake.

Comment

Originally posted by skytrash
        It's down because of the Taiwan earthquake.
        Wow. That's devastating news for the SE Asian economies:

Dec. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Internet, telephone and financial services across Asia were disrupted after earthquakes near Taiwan damaged cables used by companies including Chunghwa Telecom Co. and Singapore Telecommunications Ltd.

``The repairs could take two to three weeks,'' said Leng Tai-feng, president of international business at Chunghwa Telecom, Taiwan's largest operator. The Taipei-based company said two of its undersea cables were cut.

Bloomberg

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
          Wow. That's devastating news for the SE Asian economies:

Dec. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Internet, telephone and financial services across Asia were disrupted after earthquakes near Taiwan damaged cables used by companies including Chunghwa Telecom Co. and Singapore Telecommunications Ltd.

``The repairs could take two to three weeks,'' said Leng Tai-feng, president of international business at Chunghwa Telecom, Taiwan's largest operator. The Taipei-based company said two of its undersea cables were cut.

Bloomberg
          No wonder.. I was trying to make international phone calls to Singapore and Malaysia today and have been experiecing difficulty. I spent a total of one hour trying to connect to 2 calls in Singapore and Malaysia and eventually get very fed-up in the end.

Could that be part of the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Airlineslover
            Could that be part of the reason?
            I think so.

Wonder what the losses for SQ will be.

Comment

How very inconvenient. I'm trying to online check in. It was working for about two minutes until the confirm check in stage when the site just DNS errored.

Comment

Looks like a significant portion of Asia is disrupted, and everything based on the SingTel network is down.

China, Singapore, Indonesia, and Iran appear to have been hit the hardest: http://www.internettrafficreport.com/asia.htm

Comment

UPDATE: working properly now. Yay.

Comment

Can I update that it's not working here in Japan. At home it was okay I checked in fine. But I am at my dad's office and it won't let me access it

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                      Can I update that it's not working here in Japan. At home it was okay I checked in fine. But I am at my dad's office and it won't let me access it
                      when i did online check-in juz now, it happened that the page was working properly in the first instance, but the next second, nothing appeared. It took a while to load my bookings. But in the end, everything was done properly. You probably have to give it a try again. good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X