X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T3 Left luggage / Transit Hotel / Customs Question

Here is the scenario.

- Flight arrives T2 7:30 pm.
    - Transit hotel booked at midnight - in T3 (because connecting flight dep T3 next day 9am ish)
    - Wish to dump bags and head into town for the evening.

What's the best plan? I was thinking to head to T3, clear customs, then dump bag. Or, can I dump bag at Transit Hotel? Or can I dump bag in F class lounge in T3 (on F ticket)?

Finally, what's the latest I can enter T3 in the evening in order to clear immigration and get to the Transit hotel?

Thanks for any advice!

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
    Here is the scenario.

- Flight arrives T2 7:30 pm.
    - Transit hotel booked at midnight - in T3 (because connecting flight dep T3 next day 9am ish)
    - Wish to dump bags and head into town for the evening.

What's the best plan? I was thinking to head to T3, clear customs, then dump bag. Or, can I dump bag at Transit Hotel? Or can I dump bag in F class lounge in T3 (on F ticket)?

Finally, what's the latest I can enter T3 in the evening in order to clear immigration and get to the Transit hotel?

Thanks for any advice!
    Any checked bags? - They will arrive at your arrival terminal.
    Immigration is open 24hrs.
    zxcvbn

Comment

The transit hotel is airside, i.e. before immigration.

As zxcvbn says, your bags will arrive at T2 (after immigration and before customs). So, unless anyone has a better idea, I'd suggest:

arrive T2
      clear immigration at T2
      collect bags
      clear customs at T2
      take train to T3 (better to do this now as I believe the intra-terminal train shuts down at night)
      check in luggage for your flight the next morning
      dump hand luggage in left luggage in T3
      take taxi to town
      return whenever
      collect hand luggage
      clear immigration (24 hours as mentioned)
      go to transit hotel

Comment

Great tips - hadn't thought of checking bag the night before - duh!

Thank you.

Finally - any good tips for Singapore evening - I like bustly outdoor markets/bars/food stalls , not too touristy if poss.?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
          Great tips - hadn't thought of checking bag the night before - duh!

Thank you.

Finally - any good tips for Singapore evening - I like bustly outdoor markets/bars/food stalls , not too touristy if poss.?

Outdoor - head for Clarke Quay and Boat Quay....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

I'd say both the Quays are touristy. Clark Quay is more bars/nightlife, Boat Quay is more food.

Boat quay I find especially touristy with all the food-touting. But I like Harry's Jazz Bar and Jazz at South Bridge.

For bustly (local / touristy also) I'd recommend Bugis - lots of things going on everywhere there. Especially at night!

Comment

Bugis - isn't that red light? Want to avoid red light area!

Comment

Bugis is actually full of shopping... I wouldn't recommend suggesting a red-light district on a public, family-friendly forum like SQTalk.

I think what you're thinking of is Geylang.

Comment

You could propose/organise a DO at one of SQTalk's favourite hawker centres aka East Coast Lagoon.

Ah Geylang! While some part of it is red-light, some other parts are home to some of the best local food. Most have communal seating so you could have some interesting table-fellows

Comment

Oh yeah I was thinking that Bugis was once upon a time a bit more seedy...

I've never organized a DO - how would I do that ? On the other hand I would't mind going into downtown rather than stay close to the airport

Comment

Which parts of Geyland to avoid

The main red-light areas borders from Lorong 4 to Lorong 24. Beyond these parts, there are a few fringe ones but nothing to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                      X