X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetstar Asia to launch services to Kota Kinabalu and Kuching

Didn't spot this till just then:

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news08...starAsia.shtml

Jetstar Asia is to begin flying to Kota Kinabalu from 1 December 2008 and to Kuching from 1 March 2009. These new routes are in line with the agreement to expand the bilateral air services between Singapore and Malaysia.

To celebrate the latest addition of East Malaysia to its current network of 14 destinations, Jetstar Asia will be offering $0 (not inclusive of taxes and surcharges) fares from 17 October.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

yea... managed to get 6 tickets for "$0" + MYR 319 per return ticket... on 3K for kch-sin-kch in june 2009. we compared against TR offering slight lower price at approx MYR 309 per return ticket... but still chose 3k because 3K uses T1 (not sure got airbridge or not, but at least it is T1), seat selection and 20kg checked baggage included. its gonna be our first LCC flight

Comment

good choice - if schedule permits, its better to take Jetstar or Air Asia as bith flies out from Terminal one and yes all gates are aero-bridged connected, and one problem area of using Tiger's Budget terminal is the mainly standing only wait at the "gate hold" area and esp for returning tiger flights - its usually involves a fairly long walk from the aircraft to the arrival building and esp worse during inclement weather.

Comment

Jetstar suspending BKI

I read that Jetstar would be suspending BKI soon. But this is not exactly verified. Can anyone confirm this, as it would mark the demise of both KCH and BKI services by 3K just merely 2 years after their launch.

Comment

I did the BKI flight once and there were 2 big groups (one was my group of 60 and there was another group of about the same size) that took up 2/3 of the seats. Maybe the rest of the flights does not have encouraging loads

Comment

Last ticket on sale for SIN-BKI v.v. is Feb 15. After that, nada. Looks like it's confirmed. SIN is linked to BKI now by AK and MI only.

Comment

Working...
            X