Can I order J BTC when flying F?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I order J BTC when flying F?

1) Some of the J options are more appealing to me than the F options... may I request a J BTC meal in F?

2) If so, are the portions smaller?

3) I can't seem to find a way to BTC online... is it possible?

4) Finally, what if I go on board and prefer the standard menu ? Can I ditch the BTC (wastefulness notwithstanding?!)

5) Cheers!

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
    1) Some of the J options are more appealing to me than the F options... may I request a J BTC meal in F?

2) If so, are the portions smaller?

3) I can't seem to find a way to BTC online... is it possible?

4) Finally, what if I go on board and prefer the standard menu ? Can I ditch the BTC (wastefulness notwithstanding?!)

5) Cheers!
    1) maxmin, if you like.see A3.

2) for similar dish, the portions are smaller (but not really that much) or may be slightly different.

3) just call SQ - I am sure they will oblige your request.

4) Sure you can and maybe some crew will get to try your BTC. Anyway, if you are going this route, just make sure you tell the crew in advance that you want something form the menu instead as they may have otherwise just started heating your BTC for you.

Comment

Even though I've never tried it, I don't think it should be a problem for the OP to request a BTC different from a class he/she will be traveling in because the BTC the request is from the lower traveling class than the one that will be flown in.

But in terms of refusing the BTC because wanting something off the in-flight menu, it won't be a problem. I have done this quite a few times where the things listed on the F menu looks more appealing than the BTC F selection I had pre-ordered and never have the crews made a fuss about it. Overall it makes sense considering you'll know which particular dish you'll be getting by BTC but highly unlikely you'll know what the onboard menu on your flight will offer until the day you board the plane.
      Last edited by Rejuvenated; 12 October 2008, 05:01 AM.
      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Thanks for your help! I'll post back with my culinary experiences - also will have an EK/SQ comparison....

Comment

Some of the J options are more appealing to me than the F options...
          Which one? Just curious...

Comment

The only F that appeals strongly is:

Lobster Thermidor with buttered asparagus, slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato, and saffron rice

8 oz. U.S.A. rib-eye steak with creamy green peppercorn sauce, roasted vegetables, and garlic-mashed potatoes (from SIN only

But in J there is

Peppered fillet mignon with mustard jus, chanterelle mushrooms, fava beans, and paprika red potatoes

Seared Chilean bass with creamy saffron sauce, baby vegetables and wild rice

Steamed crab ravioli in creamy lobster sauce with mixed vegetables

Wok-fried black pepper chicken with carrots, zucchini, gingko nuts, and steamed rice

Comment

altho I once had the J chorizo risotte from SIN-SGN and it was pretty much anniahlated (speling?) in the microwave!

so mayve F is better bet?

Comment

The only F that appeals strongly is:

Lobster Thermidor with buttered asparagus, slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato, and saffron rice

8 oz. U.S.A. rib-eye steak with creamy green peppercorn sauce, roasted vegetables, and garlic-mashed potatoes (from SIN only

But in J there is

Peppered fillet mignon with mustard jus, chanterelle mushrooms, fava beans, and paprika red potatoes

Seared Chilean bass with creamy saffron sauce, baby vegetables and wild rice

Steamed crab ravioli in creamy lobster sauce with mixed vegetables

Wok-fried black pepper chicken with carrots, zucchini, gingko nuts, and steamed rice
                I have to find the station where those C BTC is. It's ex-LAX.
                For F on SQ11, I like the veal (change the gnocchi with rice when LSS confirming the meal on board), or beef sukiyaki, or even the five spice Chilean bass. Crab meat eefume noodle soup is good for the meals prior to land at NRT.

Comment

Good detective work!

I looked at the veal but not so into the cheeks.

I'm doing LAX-NRT-SIN-CMB vv in a few weeks (and on to MLE/JNB on EK F)

Cheers!

Comment

Don't forget the lamb too... it is very good in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Don't forget the lamb too... it is very good in the air.
                      Sorry, no lamb from LAX.

Book the Cook – Los Angeles – First Class

Menu

Atlantic salmon fillet with shrimp and garlic sauce, and ratatouille

Grilled veal chops with natural jus with seasonal vegetables and potato gnocchi

Lemon-herb grilled chicken on sourdough roll with salad

Pan-seared pheasant with stuffed blini and vegetables

Five-spiced Chilean bass with assorted vegetables and fried rice

Beef Sukiyaki with steamed rice

Crabmeat Ee-Fu noodle soup with Chinese greens

Ginger beef and fried rice

Kow Pao chicken and steamed rice

Nigiri Sushi

Ex-NRT there is rack of lamb, but not as good as the one ex-SIN. I think it's because of the yoghurt sauce.

Book the Cook – Tokyo – First Class

Menu

Crusted rack of lamb with yoghurt sauce and sautéed mixed vegetables

Lobster Thermidor with buttered zucchini, carrots, and pilaff rice with mixed peppers

Pan-fried sea basswrapped with potato, served with red-vinegar sauce and white beans

Roast beef and mustard baguettes with seasonal salad

Roasted game hen in mushroom and sherry-vinegar sauce with seasonal vegetables and roast potatoes

Seared sea bream with maitake mushroom and herb-flavoured tomato sauce, boiled squid, and baby leeks

Veal loin stuffed with leek and taleggio cheese in a white wine and porcini mushroom sauce with fettuccine

Asian style chicken noodle soup

Beef Sukiyaki with steamed rice

Fried chicken Kara-age with salad and steamed rice

Japanese style simmered fish topped with grated yam sauce and rice

Nigiri Sushi

Comment

I looked at the veal but not so into the cheeks.
                        Isn't it veal chops different tan veal cheeks?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          Sorry, no lamb from LAX.
                          Was referring to ex-SIN segments..

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Isn't it veal chops different tan veal cheeks?
                            I must be mixed up. Very tired and multi tasking!

Comment

Can I do two BTC LAx-NRT?

Comment

Working...
                              X