Refitting 9V-SV*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refitting 9V-SV*

It seems like the 9V-SV* subfleet is about due for heavy maintenance. Since these are used for long-haul, I would guess that they will be refitted with the new C and Y seats. Does anyone have any idea of the schedule?

Originally posted by zvezda
    It seems like the 9V-SV* subfleet is about due for heavy maintenance. Since these are used for long-haul, I would guess that they will be refitted with the new C and Y seats. Does anyone have any idea of the schedule?
    Wouldn't that mean a significant amount of its global destinations would get the "premium" pricing, but on the other hand that would mean that the pricing might go away. But that would mean higher redeeming awards for a number of places that are served with only one type of plane (AMS, FCO, ATH, CPH, JNB, CPT, YVR, and a few places in OZ and NZ).

The -SV* series of planes already has a tiny C cabin as is. If they go for a 1-2-1 layout again, that would mean that it would only have a capacity for 20 with new seats with the same 5 rows.

Y, on the other hand, probably would benefit from the upgrades.

I also wonder if they would install some ambient lighting on these as well. Hm...

Comment

[quote=globetrekker84;6031]and a few places in OZ and NZ).

Australia isn't served by the SV's. BNE/PER/ADL get SR's. MEL and SYD are all 3 class services.

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
      The -SV* series of planes already has a tiny C cabin as is. If they go for a 1-2-1 layout again, that would mean that it would only have a capacity for 20 with new seats with the same 5 rows.
      The 1-2-1 seat layout is MANDATORY in this config. You cannot NOT have aisle access as you would not be able to climb over your neighbours seat without climbing ON to his or her seat to get across (it's THAT wide).

I also suspect that they might be able to fit 6 rows into the same space between door 1L and 2L on the SV's (which is where the current J cabin is)
      • seat pitch drops by 7 inches on the new J
      • No requirement for row 11 to have extra distance to bulkhead with new design. Row 11 is more roomy yes, but it's because the console is set further back, not because there's more pitch.
      Add that up and a bit of lav rearrangement and I think maybe even 7 rows is possible. That's a big IF though.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl
        The 1-2-1 seat layout is MANDATORY in this config. You cannot NOT have aisle access as you would not be able to climb over your neighbours seat without climbing ON to his or her seat to get across (it's THAT wide).
        I knew that. Poor phrasing on my part. Apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          I also suspect that they might be able to fit 6 rows into the same space between door 1L and 2L on the SV's (which is where the current J cabin is)
          • seat pitch drops by 7 inches on the new J
          • No requirement for row 11 to have extra distance to bulkhead with new design. Row 11 is more roomy yes, but it's because the console is set further back, not because there's more pitch.
          Add that up and a bit of lav rearrangement and I think maybe even 7 rows is possible. That's a big IF though.
          There is just about exactly enough room for 7 rows. It's within a few inches. Certainly, there is enough for 7 rows in the center and either 6 or 7 along the windows. 26 or 28 seats is possible, but that precludes a galley at door 2 (which isn't needed anyway).

Comment

There is just about exactly enough room for 7 rows. It's within a few inches. Certainly, there is enough for 7 rows in the center and either 6 or 7 along the windows. 26 or 28 seats is possible, but that precludes a galley at door 2 (which isn't needed anyway).
            I guess all my worries are unfounded then.

Comment

I hope they will upgrade the B777-200ER soon, so people in Christchurch can benefit from it!
              The Romance of Travel... Singapore Airlines

Comment

The SpaceBeds were installed 2002-2003, so it's about time for them to be replaced. It's hard to see them installing the old seats now when refitting, but who knows?

I imagine there will be new regional C and F seats when the A330s start arriving in 2009.

Comment

The SpaceBeds were installed 2002-2003, so it's about time for them to be replaced. It's hard to see them installing the old seats now when refitting, but who knows?

I imagine there will be new regional C and F seats when the A330s start arriving in 2009.
                  This may have been brought up before, but I thought SQ was going to use the A333s for medium and long haul routes (or am I mistaken?). For some reason I keep thinking places like MLE, DXB, AUH, etc.

Comment

I thought SQ was going to use the A333s for medium and long haul routes (or am I mistaken?).
                    The A330-300 doesn't have long-haul range.
                    For some reason I keep thinking places like MLE, DXB, AUH, etc.
                    Those are not long-haul destinations. Those are medium-haul. DXB and AUH are about as far as one would want to route an A330-300. SQ won't be flying them to Europe or across the pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      The A330-300 doesn't have long-haul range.
                      Perhaps one-stop long haul destinations?

Comment

I really hope they do go ahead with refitting them with the new C. I'd think they could get about 6 rows in the A-zone making for a 24C-255Y layout.

Comment

Originally posted by RJA View Post
                          I really hope they do go ahead with refitting them with the new C. I'd think they could get about 6 rows in the A-zone making for a 24C-255Y layout.
                          SQ could get 7 rows down the center and 6 or 7 along the windows.

Comment

Apparently there are no imminent plans to refit the new products on any aircraft at the moment. Any due in for checks are to be in and out as quickly as possible as they are badly needed due to a/c shortages.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Apparently there are no imminent plans to refit the new products on any aircraft at the moment. Any due in for checks are to be in and out as quickly as possible as they are badly needed due to a/c shortages.
                              That is certainly the case through the Chinese New Year peak travel season. I'm wondering what happens after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X