Please recommend places to stay in AKL and QLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please recommend places to stay in AKL and QLD

Hi there I'm off to Ozz and NZ soon and I'm looking for good places to stay in Auckland I was thinking of iether Langhams Skycity Grans or western which would you recommend.

Also I'm iether going to Port douglas or palm cove for 10 day but dont sure which one to go to what do you recon? looking to relax dive and see the Daintree rain forest.

Which hotel/selfactering place to stay in looking to spend upto about australian $350 a day.

Very confused as to which place and where to stay after surfing the web

Any help would be realy great

Thanks Skooby

In Auckland I would trythe Ascott Auckland Metropolis, Westin Auckland Lighter Quay or SkyCity Grand.....have a great time!

Comment

I stayed at the Westin Auckland in July and quite enjoyed it. It was only a short stay of <24 hrs though but FWIW:
      http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...estin+auckland

The location is v central on the Viaduct and there are plenty of great eats nearby.

Can't go wrong with The Langham either but it's more on the fringe of the CBD.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Depends on what you want. Langham is good but a bit far from the sights and action. Westin and Hilton both very good locations on opposite sides of Viaduct Harbour (Westin not quite as convenient to most central city businesses or transport if you're in AKL for work).

Comment

Thanks for the info I'm in AUK to visit rels so central location not the most important thing.

Westin looks nice decision desions

Skooby

Comment

I recommend the Crowne Plaza in AKL. it's been a while, but if i recall correctly, it was quite nice and good value.

Comment

Palm Cove

Bunch of fantastic spots at Palm Cove to stay at...
              Try the Sebel Reef House http://www.reefhouse.com.au/

Also in Cairns itself there a stack of exceptional Hotels.
              Been to Port Douglas but didn't stay there.

Comment

Update:

I have book the Westin Auckland as i found a good deal what do poeple think of this place?

Skooby

Comment

I've had generally favourable feedback. Some like the location (next to Viaduct Harbour) while others don't.

Comment

Westin Auckland is about as Westin as you can get - v clean line and sharp contemporary design (i'm talking Westin brand standards in general not the LC Westins). I for one liked the location, but perhaps not so good for people who want to be right bang in the middle of the CBD for work. Can't really comment on service as I was only there for such a short time but have no complaints, though someone over at another forum had a bad experience with the service; could be a one off though as I've heard generally favourable impressions about the property so far.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I'm sure that you will have a great time. Try to have have dinner if you can in the Viaduct Basin or Cin Cin in the Ferry Building.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        ....(i'm talking Westin brand standards in general not the LC Westins). ...
                        I have been at home for too long. I did not know that Westin has LC now. I thought it's only Sheraton which has Luxury Collection.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          I have been at home for too long. I did not know that Westin has LC now. I thought it's only Sheraton which has Luxury Collection.
                          The Bristol in Vienna is both a Westin and an LC. Also, several of the Westins in Europe were formerly LCs (the Madrid one comes to mind).

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            I was thinking "they have Low Cost Westins now?"

Comment

Originally posted by skooby View Post
                              Update:

I have book the Westin Auckland as i found a good deal what do poeple think of this place?

Skooby
                              Stayed there a couple of times and like the place.

Make sure you don't fall in any of the water features at ground level, like a number of guests have done.

(Not me, I hasten to add !)

Comment

Working...
                              X