Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le Meridien Delhi

Hi all,

Like to check if anybody stayed there before ?
    I am going to India next week and am reviewing my hotel options.

Office is in Gurgaon, so I reckon it is quite a drive to the hotel ? (I dont mind leaving hotel early to beat the traffic).

Alternative is Crown Plaza in Gurgaon (recommended by colleague). Only 10-15 mins drive to office. But with all the SPG promotions happening now, I think it is a waste to not stay at a Starwood property !! Any suggestions ?

There's a Westin in Gurgaon. Problem solved?

The Sheraton in Saket should also be closer than Le Meridien.

I have stayed at the Le Meridien. Nothing to write home about. Prefer the ITC Maurya of all the "downtown" SPG properties.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      There's a Westin in Gurgaon. Problem solved?

Thanks for the tip.
      Booked the Westin Sohna Gurgaon.
      Pretty good rate at 8000 INR, with breakfast and taxes.
      https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=3000

Looks like a peaceful place. Which is fine. Dont intend to do any shopping anyway. Only problem is it is 45mins away from Gurgaon (to the office area). But the person told me there is no traffic jam, smooth drive.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
        Thanks for the tip.
        Booked the Westin Sohna Gurgaon.
        Pretty good rate at 8000 INR, with breakfast and taxes.
        https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ropertyID=3000

Looks like a peaceful place. Which is fine. Dont intend to do any shopping anyway. Only problem is it is 45mins away from Gurgaon (to the office area). But the person told me there is no traffic jam, smooth drive.
        Just for info, writing this from Delhi.
        I decided to stay at the Crown Plaza as it is 10 mins drive away from my office in Gurgaon and it is a pretty good hotel (cant earn any SPG points though, but that's okay!)

One evening when I had nothing to do, I asked my driver to bring me to Westin Gurgaon to take a look. Shit, after almost 1 hour of driving from the business area in Gurgaon, still not near the hotel. It was a tough journey, unpaved road, lots of human and cars. The info the hotel provided "45 mins from Gurgaon" is definitely not true.

Comment

Working...
        X