No LHR-JFK on *A!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No LHR-JFK on *A!

I imagine this will be a huge blow for jjpb3 who no doubt was counting the days until next year.

(More seriously, thank goodness for this! Otherwise, the "most direct route and no backtracking allowed" perhaps ? )

UA has not flown JFK - LHR for a while, I think.

Comment

I was referring to the latest member of *A which will join next year but unfortunately, they've dropped their LHR-JFK service.

Comment

Not even joined yet.
        May be the slot will be acquired by another *A partner as part of the deal?

Comment

The slot at LHR remains. I think AI is replacing their CDG-EWR service with a new LHR-EWR instead, so you will still have future *A flights between London and New York along with CO.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            I imagine this will be a huge blow for jjpb3 who no doubt was counting the days until next year.
            Yeah, I was really going to lose sleep over this.

Tap tap tapping my fingers, waiting for CO to formalize its joining.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              UA has not flown JFK - LHR for a while, I think.
              Daily B777 suspended from winter 2006...

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              The slot at LHR remains. I think AI is replacing their CDG-EWR service with a new LHR-EWR instead, so you will still have future *A flights between London and New York along with CO.
              Air India will instead use the slots on the (marginally) less competitive LHR-YYZ. AI or AC?

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy777 View Post
                Air India will instead use the slots on the (marginally) less competitive LHR-YYZ. AI or AC?
                I thought AI were using the JFK daily slot for LHR-EWR, and the 3x wkly ORD slot for YYZ? Do they even have local traffic rights for LHR-YYZ?

But, back on topic, yes, can't wait for CO to join, although of course that doesn't solve the JFK problem

Comment

Originally posted by kt74 View Post
                  I thought AI were using the JFK daily slot for LHR-EWR, and the 3x wkly ORD slot for YYZ? Do they even have local traffic rights for LHR-YYZ?

But, back on topic, yes, can't wait for CO to join, although of course that doesn't solve the JFK problem
                  AI has traffic rights on LHR-YYZ.

Actually Newark airport is quite a breeze compared to JFK
                  Airline Route | twitter

Comment

LHR-YYZ has less competition???

AC has 5 daily direct flights alone. People may also opt to fly via YOW, YUL and YHZ. BA has one or 2 daily flights from YYZ.

JFK-NYC has no *A. What was AI thinking?

Comment

Working...
                    X