[YVR] BA Galleries Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [YVR] BA Galleries Lounge

A wonderful incarnation of the T5 design, suitably shrunk to fit the volume of traffic from YVR.

Access granted to:
    • F BP holders and oneworld Emeralds --> First Class side (left at reception)
    • C BP holders and oneworld Sapphires --> Club (Business Class) side (right at reception)

They weren't too strict about monitoring entry, though. I inadvertently entered the First Class side because no one told me not to.

The lounge is located above the gate BA uses (D64 in the case of my flight). But the signage isn't clear. What you have to do is veer to the left of the gate towards a bank of elevators / lifts, which aren't that obvious. Thank God for a sign, albeit somewhat haphazardly positioned.

This brings you to elevators that will take you up to reception.

The First Class side is relatively small but seemed to be just right so that the number of pax didn't cause a Standing Room Only situation. There was a coffee and tea corner

and for those with KeithMEL's standards , a very nice selection of wines (I'm sure there was a liquor area, but I wasn't looking for it ):

The views of the tarmac would have been awesome, had there been more aircraft traffic outside.

The Club side was larger, but the number of passengers actually made it feel more crowded. The Galleries design was, IMHO, adroitly adapted to the smaller scale of YVR operations, and for me, felt like a successful refreshment of the BA brand. Again, the tarmac views were stupendous.

(The internet terminals are on the LHS of the picture above.)

(Sorry for the dark photographs, but I was too self-conscious about using a flash in such packed surroundings.)

The food offering wasn't too impressive, but who wants to eat before a long dinner/supper flight anyway. A G&T is what makes the departure experience civilized.

Overall, these lounges are well executed. Well done, BA.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Looks nicer than the old one.
    Thank you for the report and the pictures. Hmmm double op-up for the lounge access, then? What kind of gin do they have?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Hmmm double op-up for the lounge access, then?
      I'll take what I can get.
      Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      What kind of gin do they have?
      Gordon's, I think. It wasn't Bombay Sapphire or Tanqueray, that's for sure. On another note, I've yet to find Grey Goose vodka in any lounge.

My big disappointment with YVR (the airport): no Olympics zip-up sweatshirt to my liking in the shops at the terminal that BA uses. (Hint hint hint )
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        On another note, I've yet to find Grey Goose vodka in any lounge.
        LAX flagship lounge has it, or at least did last time I was there.

Comment

Thanks for the great review, jjpb3.
          I too find the Galleries concept most refreshing, and a v nice change.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
          X