Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flight arrives at T2, but clear immigration at T3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight arrives at T2, but clear immigration at T3?

My flight arrives at T2 (noon), can I clear immigration at T3 - is that possible? There is no restriction to passengers that arrives at T2 must clear immigration at T2, right?

Reason: I will come back on the same evening to catch a connecting flight out from T3. Hence, I would like to leave my cabin baggage at T3's Left Baggage Counter (upon arrival, on my way out to Singapore for the afternoon) - and come back to directly T3 to pick up cabin baggage and stay in T3 till departure.

BTW, is Ambassador Transit Lounge the only place to have a shower at T3?

As you've got no checked baggage to pick up, it is perfectly possible to clear immigration at a different terminal from the one you've arrived on. I did this earlier this year (T1 -> T3) as I wanted to explore T3.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The immigration officer may ask why but like KeithMEL says, there's no problem in clearing immigration in another terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        The immigration officer may ask why but like KeithMEL says, there's no problem in clearing immigration in another terminal.
        my reason is because i would like to leave my cabin baggage at T3, and get out at T3 (and not to take the train back to T2 to get out). moreover, i m coming back to T3 for onward flight in the evening...

Comment

Originally posted by dsim View Post
          my reason is because i would like to leave my cabin baggage at T3, and get out at T3 (and not to take the train back to T2 to get out). moreover, i m coming back to T3 for onward flight in the evening...
          I've never been asked for my boarding pass upon arrival in SIN - how would they know where/when you arrived?
          zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            I am pretty sure it is okay.
            I actually doubt that the immigration officer cares whether your flight arrives on T2 or T3.
            Same logic when clearing immigration on one terminal even though your flight departs from the other terminal. I have done it before and the only thing that happened was the security guard reminded me that it is a long way to the gate/other terminal. No comments from the immigration officer.

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
              I've never been asked for my boarding pass upon arrival in SIN - how would they know where/when you arrived?
              If they bother enough, they can see from the flight number you indicated on the immigration card (if foreigner) then check accordingly.

Comment

I am travelling SQ economy - so no Kris Lounge access.

Is Ambassador Transit Lounge the only place to have a shower at T3?

Comment

There's an Arrivals Lounge which you can use for a fee. Turn left after you clear customs.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    I actually doubt that the immigration officer cares whether your flight arrives on T2 or T3.
                    You don't have a suspicious look. Thus, the officer would not question you.
                    In my case, well, when the officer punched in my info, it would say "warning... he has a suspious look... watch carefully." Yes, they did ask me many times which flight number I arrived (or from where). Then, he/she would make a comment about the flight arrived in the other terminal. I have my own answer why I went through different terminal exit.
                    Yes, sometimes the officer cares whether I have check-in bags. Definitely, if you have check-in bags, you have to go out from the terminal where you arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      Yes, they did ask me many times which flight number I arrived (or from where). Then, he/she would make a comment about the flight arrived in the other terminal. I have my own answer why I went through different terminal exit.
                      To be honest, I am quite surprised this happened to you for (T2 - T3 or vice versa), since SQ flights arrive from everywhere to the two terminals (unlike departure which is more clear - certain destinations from T2 and others from T3). Unless they have some up to date information of which SQ flights arrived at which terminal.

To ask your flight number - he/she can actually see from your immigration form. Sounds like not very nice officers.

Comment

Unless they have some up to date information of which SQ flights arrived at which terminal.
                        I think the officers do have that information as all these information are integrated.

Comment

To be honest, I am quite surprised this happened to you for (T2 - T3 or vice versa), since SQ flights arrive from everywhere to the two terminals (unlike departure which is more clear - certain destinations from T2 and others from T3). Unless they have some up to date information of which SQ flights arrived at which terminal.

To ask your flight number - he/she can actually see from your immigration form. Sounds like not very nice officers.
                          It's not surprising to me. After all, I am ... (shshshs can't say it in public)
                          To set the record straight, all the officers were always nice. Perhaps it's just my name that made them extra chatty catty...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            It's not surprising to me. After all, I am ... (shshshs can't say it in public)
                            To set the record straight, all the officers were always nice. Perhaps it's just my name that made them extra chatty catty...
                            Sorry to hear the slight hassles, SQ LPP.
                            Hope the problem will eventually go away.

Comment

Sorry to hear the slight hassles, SQ LPP.
                              Hope the problem will eventually go away.
                              I don't see at the end of the tunnel that the hassle, or the inconvenience, or the special treatment will go away eventually, unless I will make a drastic change in my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X