Possible Changes or Movements at Changi T2 and T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Changes or Movements at Changi T2 and T3

I hear that there will be some shuffling for T2 and T3 by the end of this year, or more realistically by early 2009.
    Lufthansa will move to T3. It sounds great! SKL F will have more guests!
    ANA and Air India will move to T2 from T1.

The poor old SKL at T2 will be dead even earlier then.

There is only really LH pax in there around 10pm, save for a few on the JNB or CPT flights.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      The poor old SKL at T2 will be dead even earlier then.

There is only really LH pax in there around 10pm, save for a few on the JNB or CPT flights.
      NH flight to NRT leaves around the same time as LH, about 1130pm I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        I hear that there will be some shuffling for T2 and T3 by the end of this year, or more realistically by early 2009.
        ANA is moving on October 1st.

https://www.ana.co.jp/eng/guides/air.../sin_e_hd.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
          Seems like they use gates E1-12 as well from the link. Can airlines specify which gate areas to use?

Comment

I would be expecting more to move when T1 is being renovated. Some airlines would want to avoid the hassle.

When is Air India moving?
            Help make this article a better one!

Comment

T2 seems rather quiet now after SQ moved all the long-hauls out. I too would say that since T1 is getting upgraded a move of some airlines would help to ease out congestion while they upgrade, especially during morning and night peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                How do you know? Where did you get the info from?

Comment

Originally posted by wsssaero View Post
                  T2 seems rather quiet now after SQ moved all the long-hauls out. I too would say that since T1 is getting upgraded a move of some airlines would help to ease out congestion while they upgrade, especially during morning and night peaks.
                  But NH and AI (excluding IC) only has a total of 8 flights in and out of Changi per day. I don't think that is significant enought to ease out congestion over at T1. CAAS should consider the moving the rest of *A members to T2 too.

P.S. Who's gonna take over the space of Club ANA Lounge? Hmmm..I don't mind having a Wing or Pier here in Changi.
                  We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
                    CAAS should consider the moving the rest of *A members to T2 too.
                    Interestingly, all the three airlines mentioned are Star Alliance carriers. As long as OneWorld carriers, including Qantas and Cathay remain at T1, most Star carriers move to T2, and SQ remains at both T2 and T3, utilisation rates in all three terminals should be fairly even.

Comment

AI does not belong to *A. But seeing that it codeshares with SQ joining *A in future looks a possibility to me.

Comment

AI does not belong to *A. But seeing that it codeshares with SQ joining *A in future looks a possibility to me.
                        Just a possibility? I think it has been more than that for quite a while now.

http://www.rediff.com/money/2007/dec/13ai.htm
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

More than just a possibility. It's currently in the process of joining with membership expected next year.

Comment

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...sU&refer=india

Comment

Wow the flurry of updates came hot and fast!

All we need is to move Air China, Asiana, Swiss, Thai and Turkish Airlines and the complete abandonment of T1 by Star Alliance will be complete!

Comment

Working...
                              X