LHR Fast Track no longer available to SQ *G traveling in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LHR Fast Track no longer available to SQ *G traveling in Y

One of my favorite perks -- the fluorescent orange sticker that allows me to bypass the snaking, meandering security lines for Y pax at LHR T3 -- is gone. TPP, QPP, EG: it doesn't matter. So I found out today from the checkin agent, who told me BAA informed SQ a few weeks ago that they would no longer be allowed to affix the stickers to anyone's Y BP.

I hate BAA. (Even if the checkin agent's assertion isn't true, I still hate BAA for the chaos at security. Today, I thought at least one bit of madness had been removed, because no one was asked to take his or her shoe off at security. Noooo, it was only because they had a second security checkpoint past passport control where everyone had to take their shoes off to be x-rayed.

But I regained a measure of calm after a nice eggs benedict and mango-yogurt breakfast shake at the VS CH, followed half an hour later by a back massage.

Now off to my Golden Bird flight. )
    Last edited by jjpb3; 24 December 2006, 10:35 AM.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

jjpb3 I am feeling sick.

BAA, you suck.

Comment

Wait. Doesn't SQ pay BAA per passenger for access to FastTrack? If that's true, then that's just stupid.

One more reason to avoid LHR.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
        One more reason to avoid LHR.
        That list is as long as you can get. It's a truly dreadful airport.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer
          That list is as long as you can get. It's a truly dreadful airport.
          I can't understand how the financial capital of the world can have an airport like that. After being in T2, checking into an OS flight to VIE, I honestly thought that I was in a third world country. I thought I was in MES...well without the kretek.

And those immigration people...man those are some bitter, bitter people. I always get singled out as a "suspicious" person.

Comment

It's run by BAA ( ) who have a near monopoly on airports in London and the South East, meaning they don't really have to do much due to lack of competition. LHR is such a hard sought after airport, eveidenced by the price slots change hands for, that they can get away with it. It is incredible how busy the place is, and should they actually get another runway, the place will be full again as soon as the slots became available.

BAA are obsessed with the retail side, which is a big chunk of their profits, and the rest of it, well....

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer
              BAA are obsessed with the retail side, which is a big chunk of their profits, and the rest of it, well....
              I try to endearingly call LHR the "airport within a mall." Where they sacrifice seating areas in order to put in a new overpriced kiosk.

Anyways, back on topic. So why would they not allow elite members access to FastTrack when SQ would be essentially giving them money on a silver platter?

Comment

I think it was because the queues for fast track were getting too long. So I guess BAA decided it would cost less to tell airlines not to allow any Y passengers than to open another lane.

Comment

I think end November when I passed through T3 for my AA flight, I saw green BP with TPP card had been declined to go through fastrack. The line was all the way outside prior to SQ 317. May be that's one of the reasons to reduce the long line at fasttrack.

Comment

LHR operates in a mad world of its own - nothing means what it says anyway - fast track, fast bag drop - try any of them, they are slow, perhaps not as slow as the other option but a pathetic disgrace for what is one of the world's most costly airports to travel through.

BAA management couldn't care less, the government, having washed their hands, now sit on them rather than say anything about a facility which is simply not fit for purpose except periodically as a refugee centre for the destitute when another questionable security alert kicks in (did anyone else notice that the August one coincided nicely with the dates on which BAA had given notice that they wanted to enforce a reduction in hand luggage anyway) or this week, the weather.

I would like to see 90% of the shops and 30% of the food outlets closed to make way for better check in, better waiting areas, immigration areas that are not like a third world country in the midst of a drought and famine (staff with some social skills will help too but that's probably asking way too much) and baggage delivery areas that are effective and efficient. Costs could be contained by major redundancies in BAA management who are ineffective anyway and simply would not be missed.

I'll live in hope and probably die in despair in their one day....

Comment

Yeah was told by the agent at check in that J and first class passengers complain that the fast track queue is too long (overcrowded with Y passengers) - hence the decision to restrict fast track to J and first class only.

By the way, for my past 2 visits to the VS CH and LHR (flying back to SIN on SQ), I was told that "we don't have a slot" for your flight, when I tried to book a treatment. I am at the lounge abt 1.5-2hrs before my flight. Any suggestions on how I can get a slot ??

cheers
                      Acey

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      But I regained a measure of calm after a nice eggs benedict and mango-yogurt breakfast shake at the VS CH, followed half an hour later by a back massage.

Now off to my Golden Bird flight. )

Comment

Originally posted by acey
                        Yeah was told by the agent at check in that J and first class passengers complain that the fast track queue is too long (overcrowded with Y passengers) - hence the decision to restrict fast track to J and first class only.
                        Welcome to SQT, acey.

Guess SQ didn't want to upset its premium customers then. to me and my fellow *G SQers in Y.

Comment

Originally posted by acey View Post
                          Any suggestions on how I can get a slot ??

cheers
                          Acey
                          Call ahead (they say 2-3 WEEKS!).....

and btw... welcome to SQtalk !

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Call ahead (they say 2-3 WEEKS!).....

and btw... welcome to SQtalk !
                            Unfortunately I don't think you can book ahead if on a SQ flight. IIFC that is only available to people travelling on VS itself.

Comment

I am dreading my LHR experience this Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                              X