T2 SKLs -- renovations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T2 SKLs -- renovations?

Will these be renovated any time soon (A lounge dragon told me in 2007 that they will be doing some changes once they are established in T3... it's already Q3 2008)? Perhaps they will downsize the J lounge and add another KF*G lounge

Your answer may have been answered here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...6764#post66764

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Your answer may have been answered here:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...6764#post66764
      How? Nick C was asking about the SKL, the thread is about the SATS Premier Lounge.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        How? Nick C was asking about the SKL, the thread is about the SATS Premier Lounge.
        "KrisFlyer Elite Gold members departing on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir or other Star Alliance airlines can make use of the Plaza Premium Lounge at Terminal 2 during this period."

I'm supposing the KF*G members there are using the SKL? Why would SQ otherwise ask their own pax to use the SATS Premier Lounge?

Comment

I'm supposing the KF*G members there are using the SKL? Why would SQ otherwise ask their own pax to use the SATS Premier Lounge?
          SKLs at SIN do not admit EGs or any non-PPS *Gs. They are directed to the designated *G lounges, which are the SATS Premium Lounge in T2 and the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge in T3.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Okay, will buzz Krisflyer in 30 mins and ask them directly. I suspect it's also under upgrading...

UPDATE: Just spoke to Krisflyer and they have confirmed me that all their T2 lounges are being renovated/upgraded. Although renovation is officially scheduled for completion within August, they are unable to confirm 100% if this will be done on time, so potential for further delay. Oh, and the KF agent also recommended that pax should use T3 if they need access to an SKL.
            Last edited by Kyo; 25 August 2008, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Okay, will buzz Krisflyer in 30 mins and ask them directly. I suspect it's also under upgrading...

UPDATE: Just spoke to Krisflyer and they have confirmed me that all their T2 lounges are being renovated/upgraded. Although renovation is officially scheduled for completion within August, they are unable to confirm 100% if this will be done on time, so potential for further delay. Oh, and the KF agent also recommended that pax should use T3 if they need access to an SKL.
              Thanks for the update

Comment

Utter nonsense. The SKL's in T2 are still open and operating as normal. I was in there a few days ago.

The only lounge being renovated in T2 is the SATS Premier Lounge.

Comment

I was in T2 SKL last week. No sign of any renovation.

Comment

Wrong info by Krisflyer?

I dialed the below number and spoke to Mr Shah:

6789 8188

Comment

Wrong info by Krisflyer?

I dialed the below number and spoke to Mr Shah:

6789 8188
                      I believe Mr. Shah actually referred to SATS Premier lounge (which is basically the Krisflyer lounge) which is under renovation at the moment at T2.

I was at SKL T2 last week as well and there was no work at all there and there was neither indication nor any announcement posted re: possible future renovation at the place.

Comment

I very specifically asked him if his info was related to SATS Premier and/or SKLs, as this was the initial inquiry and the distinction which jjpb3 pointed out.

Mr Shah definitely confirmed, in his own words, after checking with his supervisor (he himself was not 100% sure) that they were undergoing renovation.

Clearly a case of wrong info given by Krisflyer Customer Services hotline, then.

SQTPP: Agreed.

Edit: Seems SQTPP's post mysteriously disappeared.
                        Last edited by Kyo; 27 August 2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Yup, SKL T2 Changi is operating fine - no sign of any contruction work last night.

Comment

Working...
                          X