SKL at SFO and HKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SKL at SFO and HKG

Are there any threads (with pics) out there on the Silver Kris Lounges (J-class) in Hong Kong and San Francisco? I tried to do a search but was unsuccessful.

More importantly, does the SKL at SFO have decent shower facilities (and food?)

Thanks!

I'm not sure if there are any pictures around of the SKL J at SFO, but the one below has some of the F side there.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1766

The view is the same, alhough they are building something in front of it at the moment which may reduce the view of the immediate apron area. One of the best things about the SKL at SFO is the view. There is definitely a shower in the F side, not sure about J. Food is standard outstation SKL fare, ie nothing to write home about.

The HKG SKL is a grim place to be honest. If you have time use the TG lounge instead, it's far better.

Comment

Renovated HKG SKL:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3480

Comment

SFO SKL (C Class side) has 1 shower.
        zxcvbn

Comment

Thanks everyone, its most helpful. I have a related query. Since KF Gold card members have access to Star Alliance lounges, are there any lounges which are better than SKL that's worth checking out in SFO?

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
            are there any lounges which are better than SKL that's worth checking out in SFO?
            VS Clubhouse

Comment

Thanks! My next question. Does VS Clubhouse operate before SQ1 departure?

Comment

Originally posted by planemad View Post
                Thanks! My next question. Does VS Clubhouse operate before SQ1 departure?

Nope. They close late afternoon after the VS flight. Unless you get to SFO *many* hours early (or take SQ15) it won't work for you.

Comment

The SKL in SFO (F side) has one shower as well.

Comment

Originally posted by joemac View Post
                    Nope. They close late afternoon after the VS flight. Unless you get to SFO *many* hours early (or take SQ15) it won't work for you.
                    Thanks joemac. I guesed as much.

Comment

Hi- I'm new here. I'm flying on SQ15, and I was wondering if I have to pay the $35 fee that Virgin America F Pax have to pay if I use the VS Clubhouse with my SQ F ticket?

Also, is the SFO VS Clubhouse great or just mediocre? The VS site does not say much about it.
                      Last edited by smurfet; 6 July 2009, 04:38 AM.

Comment

To remind everybody VS clubhouse is at A gate, SQ is at G gate. One has to exit security and go thru another security in order to get to A side, they are not connected together.

Btw, SQ SKL shower at SFO no matter F or C side are both crapy. First you have to ask the attendant for a towel, and there is only "one" towel. There is not another towel on the floor to dry your feet after you are out of the shower. There is a dispenser for soap and shampoo. Since there is no towel you can put on the floor, however they have a plastic mat, it may be slippery as the water may spill out as the shower curtain does not go down to the floor, and no high bar on the floor to stop the water from flowing out.

If one if flying F, I recommend shower in the UA IFL instead, it is more proper and they give you a shower kit.
                        Last edited by ORDnHKG; 7 August 2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ORDnHKG View Post
                          To remind everybody VS clubhouse is at A gate, SQ is at G gate. One has to exit security and go thru another security in order to get to A side, they are not connected together.
                          Just a small correction, the VS lounge is not in the A Gate pier, it is on the fourth floor of the main ticketing concourse. You do not go through security to get to it - it is in the public section of the terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by joemac View Post
                            Just a small correction, the VS lounge is not in the A Gate pier, it is on the fourth floor of the main ticketing concourse. You do not go through security to get to it - it is in the public section of the terminal.
                            Ah, is it the one next to the immigration/security toward A gates ?

Comment

Originally posted by ORDnHKG View Post
                              Ah, is it the one next to the immigration/security toward A gates ?
                              That's it! The elevator is just to the left before security next to the museum. JL also has their lounge on that floor.

Comment

Working...
                              X