KUL LCCT & BKI: Advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KUL LCCT & BKI: Advice needed

So I'm booked KUL-BKI with AirAsia.......I know, I know.......but there was much cheapness to allow staying at the Shangri-La in Kota, so forgive me.

Information on the respective terminals is a little scant from the past 20mins surfing here and the web in general......
    Anyone got any thoughts/advice?
    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
    Anyone got any thoughts/advice?
    What do you need to know about the LCCT? I've sadly become an expert on what is essentially my home terminal now

Comment

Never used the LCCT at KUL but AK use T2 at BKI. It's just been completely rebuilt and is very nice. It's at the other side of the airfield from the main terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        I've sadly become an expert on what is essentially my home terminal now
        Only when you're not in the KUL Berhad lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          Only when you're not in the KUL Berhad lounge.
          Next trip up:

KUL-CNX on my favourite malaysian low cost carrier that runs airbus A320's and have the alphabets K and A in the airline code.

Beats all the other competitors in that category by a country mile.

Comment

I survived by Tiger Airways flights to and from SIN-KUL-SIN this past weekend.

Have no fear, Capt Kyo will attempt to alleviate all your LCCT fears...

The key words being, 'attempt',and 'to'...

Comment

Seafood dinner in CNX ?

I just realised I wrote rojak as, I believe, Berhad just means company rather than a name.

Comment

jhm: Berhad means 'limited'

Often used in conjunction with Sdn (Sendirian) Bhd. (Berhad)

Put together:

Sendirian = Private

Berhad = Limited

Therefore - Private Limited (for privately-owned companies)

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  Seafood dinner in CNX ?

I just realised I wrote rojak as, I believe, Berhad just means company rather than a name.
                  Yes, you did indeed write rojak. And no, it's not a seafood dinner. It's a jaunt up there with an empty suitcase to go buy celadon and some of my favourite hair conditioner (strangely priced much cheaper in thailand)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    The key words being, 'attempt',and 'to'...
                    And
                    Originally posted by SQFlyergirl
                    I've sadly become an expert on what is essentially my home terminal now
                    Suggests the KUL LCCT is as dire as I imagine it to be. Still, can't be as dire as Manchester - last time I used that, carpet was gone, with just miles of dried adhesive, it smelt funny, the ventilation wasn't working and people where being herded into tiny waiting areas, with no screens showing when/where your flight was leaving from.....
                    If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

This... 'carpet' you allude to...?? *puzzled look*

'Ventilation'...? 'screens'..??? *very puzzled look*

Separate
                      waiting 'areas'?!!!?? *utterly perplexed look*

Be still my racing heart!!!

Disclaimer: In case anyone is wondering, such 'luxuries' are definitely not found at the LCCT and all the above is only said in good humour
                      Last edited by Kyo; 12 August 2008, 09:42 PM.

Comment

My (brief) impressions of the KUL LCCT can be found in a TR I wrote a year ago:
                        http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=28

Javaman - if you could be a bit more specific with the kind of information you're seeking, I suspect people might be more forthcoming with their responses.
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I was thinking in terms of facilities and general feel. I know that's vague.
                          Thanks for the pointer to the TR - I hadn't located that.
                          From those images, it's nowhere near as bad as Manchester the last time I used it. Looks cleaner and brighter. At least there appears to be other eating options than a pre-packed tuna sandwich and lukewarm pepsi from Boots.......

I'm actually looking forward to the experience now.

Comment

Here are two photos taken this past Sunday:

To the right

To the left

It's one big waiting area... it is noisy, it is crowded... there is no carpet. There might have been ventilation, but from the stench of BO I sure couldn't detect any..

There is a McDonald's, but beware the queue... when I went, there were 5 queues open on a Sunday afternoon and the shortest queue had 12 people in line... the others had 17 people in line (thereabouts). And they do not just buy portions for one, but the entire family (believe me, some Malaysian families can be quite huge).

There's an 'Asian Kitchen' (Singaporean, I believe, chain restaurant) as well, looked really dingy compared to the outlets in Singapore.

The immigration queue was at least 50 people long, and really took a longggggggg time to clear as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                              I was thinking in terms of facilities and general feel. I know that's vague.
                              Thanks for the pointer to the TR - I hadn't located that.
                              From those images, it's nowhere near as bad as Manchester the last time I used it. Looks cleaner and brighter. At least there appears to be other eating options than a pre-packed tuna sandwich and lukewarm pepsi from Boots.......

I'm actually looking forward to the experience now.
                              I've been to both quite a few times, and I think MAN's better to be honest.

At the LCCT, there's also a Major renovation going on outside now, and is scheduled to last till what seems like the 12th of never. Right now it's a bit of a mess, and severely constrained by overcrowding (IMHO). I wouldn't call it the most unpleasant experience you'll ever have, but it's no LH FRA FCT.

In a nutshell:

The good:
                              Free Wifi throughout the terminal
                              Reasonable food at the restaurants landside (and cheap too)
                              No jetbridges (for the fans who enjoy the smell of Jet A-1)
                              Security queues mercifully short
                              Immigration lines mercifully short (especially for Malaysians)
                              No smoking area

The bad:
                              Overcrowding - "now everyone can fly".... and they do! all at the same time
                              Tin shack decor and architecture
                              No smoking area
                              No jetbridges (for the people whose hair takes forever to dry once it's wet)
                              Taxi touts galore

The ugly:
                              Major renovation going on outside, scheduled to last till what seems like the 12th of never. Total mess.

Comment

Working...
                              X