Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMI Diamond Club redemption on SQ

Hi,

What is the experience of those redeeming BD miles on SQ F & J Class? Are you able to redeem on the 773ER/A380 as well or are you constantly waitlisted/unavailable.

Also, i notice that i can buy up to 20,000 miles for myself and gift up to 80,000 to a friend/family member. So, could i get my wife to gift me 80,000 miles and vice versa? Then by an additional 20,000 for each of us. Resulting in 100,000 miles each to redeem? Seems to good to be true to me.

Thanks

J

Premium redemptions on the 77W and A380 are generally not available to non-KrisFlyer members. I've seen them open up, unpredictably, way in advance but then close promptly. See this post for an explanation.

Welcome to SQTalk, by the way.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by Jamiegutz View Post
      Hi,

What is the experience of those redeeming BD miles on SQ F & J Class? Are you able to redeem on the 773ER/A380 as well or are you constantly waitlisted/unavailable.

Also, i notice that i can buy up to 20,000 miles for myself and gift up to 80,000 to a friend/family member. So, could i get my wife to gift me 80,000 miles and vice versa? Then by an additional 20,000 for each of us. Resulting in 100,000 miles each to redeem? Seems to good to be true to me.

Thanks

J
      As that shortfinals guy says, they block O and I class redemptions from these two aircraft. Grapevine has it that a few have slipped through from time to time, but I have not personally seen any. Definitely not worth the effort to go trawling through trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Comment

I found that when an aircraft has been switched recently (i.e. SQ321/SQ318), although the First Class bucket is removed entirely (due to switching to R), the business class bucket often remains available. Recently, I had the dilemma of whether to choose the A380 in J or Megatop in F...

Well, I loved every minute of the pointy end I actually feel quite sad that they're phasing out the 744 - I really liked the SkySuite.

Comment

post deleted
          Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Before you get flamed... you can't do the LHR-SIN (and on to HKG) redemptions anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Before you get flamed... you can't do the LHR-SIN (and on to HKG) redemptions anymore..
              post deleted
              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

LHR-AMS/MAN/FRA/FCO-SIN-HKG.

Or, start your journey in Zone 2 (Spain, Portugal, Scandinavia etc) with a cheap one-way ticket LHR-Z2, and you'll save a lot of money on the UK APD (£70) plus ~33% lower miles/cash amount. The non-sensical thing here is, you can still transit through Zone 1, just need to start in Zone 2.

You need either the 772ER or the 747 aircraft to fly in J (or F, on the 747). Availability is often quite decent on many of those routes except FRA, which only tends to open D-7.

Or you can fly LX - they really seem to get some excellent reviews for their F cabin, and availability in F is often quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  Actually, SQtraveller has about two weeks or so to redeem F/J award on SQ319 IIRC.

Comment

kkjay77: You're absolutely right - but according to this post, it seems rather unlikely he or she will be doing that in March, could be wrong though?

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                      Actually, SQtraveller has about two weeks or so to redeem F/J award on SQ319 IIRC.
                      Yep, the last 744 flight LHR-SIN is Saturday 28 March. And there ain't a heap of availability between now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                        LHR-AMS/MAN/FRA/FCO-SIN-HKG.
                        Another option is TK LHR-IST-SIN on the 77W wet-leased from 9W. Flat herringbone seats in J.

TK 1992 LHR 16:30 IST 22:20
                        -> TK 66 IST 23:25 SIN 15:30 +1

Comment

Working...
                        X