Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checkin Not Allowed = Just a Systems Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checkin Not Allowed = Just a Systems Bug?

I got the text alert at the 48-hour mark for online checkin. I rushed out of my meeting, went to the website, typed in all the details ... and then was informed that the flight was unavailable for checkin. Hmmm...

That's OK, I thought, my seat was OK to start with, so I'll just reply to the message and use SMS checkin. I get "We are unable to check you in. Please check-in at the airport".

I have to admit, this has never happened to me. Is this just a systems error, so I should keep trying, or should I just resign myself to checking in at the airport?
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

I would think this has got an awful lot to do with the chaos currently engulfing LHR and the rest of the UK due to the fog. BA have just announced all tomorrow's domestic flights are cancelled.

Not the best time of year for this to happen. Good luck!!

Comment

I'm hoping the trend of long-hauls to Asia being minimally affected continues! I noticed that today, SQ317 took off just slightly over an hour late.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Great smiley!

Good luck!

Comment

This also happens when there's a government VIP on the flight...think LKY or Lee Hsien Loong.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            This also happens when there's a government VIP on the flight...think LKY or Lee Hsien Loong.
            Yup. But IME then they also call you to tell you to come to the airport early because of all the extra security...

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              There is a VIP on this flight. His name is Jjpb3.......

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                There is a VIP on this flight. His name is Jjpb3.......
                I know...thats why I said "government VIP" to clear up any confusion

Comment

I got the text alert at the 48-hour mark for online checkin. I rushed out of my meeting, went to the website, typed in all the details ... and then was informed that the flight was unavailable for checkin. Hmmm...

That's OK, I thought, my seat was OK to start with, so I'll just reply to the message and use SMS checkin. I get "We are unable to check you in. Please check-in at the airport".

I have to admit, this has never happened to me. Is this just a systems error, so I should keep trying, or should I just resign myself to checking in at the airport?
                  jjpb3, I get this sort of messages. Have not found the real cause. Yours may be due to the fog issue like ManFlyer said.

Like you, I tried to check in multiple times and gave up in the end.

Once I was connecting from another flight, I got the message. Apparently, you cannot check in online despite being sms alerted.

Best bet is to call up SQ.

Comment

Oh, I decided just to checkin at the airport. How quaint and old-fashioned, eh? I figured SQ wouldn't kick me out of my preselected seat.

I hope the VS CH has a good breakfast menu!

Comment

Well, all I can say is that I would highly recommend you to call SQ and tell them about the problem
                      "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

I've heard (from one of my parents' friends who works in the CGK office) that starting 1 January, all passengers in Y cannot get their seats at the 48 hour mark for online check-in anymore. They have to go to the airport early to get their favorite seats.

Can someone verify/refute this claim? Seems rather ridiculous that they would do something like this.

Comment

Working...
                        X