Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leroy and Bubba ride Silkair to Surabaya in J on 8/8/8 (the car's had a tune up!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leroy and Bubba ride Silkair to Surabaya in J on 8/8/8 (the car's had a tune up!)

Hello SQTalk,

Just a quick short report on Silkair. Mummy says SQ used to fly there, but they don't anymore. We were hoping to see uncle blast-off this evening but he couldn't make it. Uncle Megatoplover also sent us a PM so we thought we'd share a short MI report with him too..

The queue at gate F32. We had to climb on mummy's shoulders to take this pic . Seems that the security operators were having a hard time getting the x-ray machines to work.

Us safely aboard after all the wait. We shared 1A with mummy.

Mummy's bum is big sometimes, so we went wandering off to the magazine stowage for a bit.

Here's a pic of 1A and the pitch in that row:

Mealtime! Burp. We're always hungry. Uncle RESM's choccies were very good, but we still needed more No menus, but we got a choice of 2 dishes. Chicken curry or Mutton. So we had Chicken.

Visitors need to fill this customs declaration form up. We're not sure what mummy meant by 1300 batang rokok, but this sounds like a lot of whatever it is!

Arriving at the new Juanda is quite pleasant. Mummy and us were the first off the plane and we hopped skipped and jumped through customs and immigration and were landside within 3 minutes.

Quite a nice airport this:

Hope you enjoyed the short report!

Comment

Leroy & Bubba, Mommy must love you both so much to take you to so many places, in style too!

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy and Bubba View Post
        We were hoping to see uncle blast-off this evening but he couldn't make it.
        Sorry I couldn't make it... Was expecting to see you two again... Well, we still can meet later in MEL around sept... I believe your mummy will bring you there too.. hehehehe... So see you later.. Hope you enjoyed your stay in SUB...

Comment

Had fond memories of my two trips on MI J early last year, that was during the time when I dreamed of PPS qualification. Too bad SQ announced the changes, otherwise, I will fly more on those MI birds

BTW, what is your mummy doing on SUB on 8/8/8??? Attending a friend's or relative's wedding??

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
            Leroy & Bubba, Mommy must love you both so much to take you to so many places, in style too!
            Only when they behave

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
            Sorry I couldn't make it... Was expecting to see you two again... Well, we still can meet later in MEL around sept... I believe your mummy will bring you there too.. hehehehe... So see you later.. Hope you enjoyed your stay in SUB...
            If they behave, they get to choose a trip each at the same time. Either with mummy in SQ F/NZ J to ICN/MEL and AKL to see uncle blast off, or with Aunty P in NH J to LAX. I think at the moment Leroy is keen on the AKL trip, and Bubba is keen on the LAX trip.

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            BTW, what is your mummy doing on SUB on 8/8/8??? Attending a friend's or relative's wedding??
            Mummy doesn't even know why herself. Greetings from the trowulan lounge On way back to SIN now after 16 hours in SUB

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Mummy doesn't even know why herself. Greetings from the trowulan lounge On way back to SIN now after 16 hours in SUB
              Haha....mummy is too rich

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                Haha....mummy is too rich
                If mummy were rich, she'd buy us our own seats. But we always have to share with her

Comment

The return to SIN

Here are some pics from our return today aboard 9V-SLC, MI221.

Favourite airline of Uncle StarG. He has some platinum super duper card with them.

This magazine holder is not exactly comfortable mummy!

Juanda!

A picture of Bandar Udara Juanda Surabaya, with the imposing Mount Bromo in the background. Pic dedicated to all of mummy's Cina-Surabaya friends. Cina-Surabaya is a mouthful, and uncle blast-off manage to contract it to a shorter word, but we forget now what that word was

At least we always get to eat onboard! This is a tasty chicken that the aunty Stewardess told us was uplifted in Surabaya, not Singapore.

Comment

Bumbling along at FL400. Our version of flightmap

Mummy said she sent the car in for a tune-up. She says it goes much faster now that mr. Mechanic has fixed it.

Next set of pics taken in quick succession:
                    Halim airport is about 533km's away to the left.
                    Tioman and Kluang are about 573km's away dead ahead
                    Terminal 2 is about 460k's away dead ahead (which is where we're going)
                    KUL's about 750km's away dead ahead

and if we need gas, there's a shell on Jalan Teluk Ramunia about 430km away

Taken a split second just after crossing the equator. Welcome to the northern hemisphere!

Comment

The new airport is certainly an improvement.

I won't ask what 2 small bears did with 1300 cigarettes but I hope your parents are aware that you had them.

Comment

Originally posted by camsean View Post
                        The new airport is certainly an improvement.

I won't ask what 2 small bears did with 1300 cigarettes but I hope your parents are aware that you had them.
                        Those were not ours! Mummy was carrying them. Maybe she needed 1300 for her 16 hour stay in SUB.

Comment

Working...
                        X