SQ J on the KUL-SIN-KUL runs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ J on the KUL-SIN-KUL runs

Just a quick few pics of what to expect since the downgrade from F to J on this route took place. It's quite marked as the meal now comes in a clear plastic wrap:

unwrapped:

chix!

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Just a quick few pics of what to expect since the downgrade from F to J on this route took place.

Those were the days.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Compare and contrast with what we used to get before :

Check out my Trip Reports at:
      Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Originally posted by PhilH View Post
        Compare and contrast with what we used to get before :

How times have changed. Having said that, it didn't deter my flight the other day from being 30 for 30 in J......

Comment

sorry to dig an old thread but god.. what a stark difference.

Have the J meals on this route gotten back to what PhilH posted or is it still the like the horrible one in the first pic?

Got a flight to KL coming up in late May and I'm definitely not paying for J if the meal looks so unpresentable. That's some serious cost cutting there!

Comment

Nope, SQ doesn't serve a real meal like those days anymore. Nowadays they serve salmon or the croissant like in SQflyergirl's pic AFAIK. On most of my flights the food is just edible, never fantastic. Is this due to cost cutting? I thought SQ wouldn't "dilute" their brand even when cost cutting?
            Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

In fact, it is even harder to get a SQ plane to KUL nowadays as most flights have been given to Silkair.
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

To be honest, on the KUL-SIN route (or vice versa), just stick to Y (unless of course the company is paying or you really need the extra miles for a MR)... On a 30-45 mins flight, it really makes no difference.... the last time I did a CDG-SIN-KUL flight on SQ, we did not even get a drink service in Y for the SIN-KUL sector!
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  To be honest, on the KUL-SIN route (or vice versa), just stick to Y

Best advice I've heard. It's not worth it. Sector times are short and unless it's already bundled in as part of a through ticket, it'll be one of the most expensive tickets per flown mile you'll ever buy.

Comment

To be honest, on the KUL-SIN route (or vice versa), just stick to Y (unless of course the company is paying or you really need the extra miles for a MR)... On a 30-45 mins flight, it really makes no difference.... the last time I did a CDG-SIN-KUL flight on SQ, we did not even get a drink service in Y for the SIN-KUL sector!
                    Noted

Comment

..we did not even get a drink service in Y for the SIN-KUL sector!
                      Same happened to me a few times already! Also there was once, in J we did not even get a meal! So the crew just served the nuts and a drink ! I think the crew could not serve everyone in time, as the load was 100%.
                      Cabin Crew, takeoff stations...

Comment

That's news to me if J doesn't get anything to eat and Y doesn't get anything to drink. First I've heard of it, what about you, SQfg? Ever had that happen recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          That's news to me if J doesn't get anything to eat and Y doesn't get anything to drink. First I've heard of it, what about you, SQfg? Ever had that happen recently?

Had it once, but it was rather unique - the cabin crew got up after we reached cruise (the seat belt light comes off rather early on these short runs) - but almost immediately the captain suspended service due to turbulence, and it remained on till landing. They were apologetic, but that was somewhat abnormal.

On regular flights, yes, always had a juice or water in Y, and a pita thingamajig in J. Maybe they've just changed it - cause I haven't been on a SIN-KUL for 12 days already.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Maybe they've just changed it - cause I haven't been on a SIN-KUL for 12 days already.
                            My goodness me! Get your act together quickfast now...!

Thanks for the semi-confirmation...

Comment

This was during Easter 2008 and the guy next to me asked for a soft drink. Was told by the cabin crew that there was no drink service as it was a short flight... Found it strange as well but didn't bother to question her. Maybe a one-off thing? Not sure as I have only done this sector twice in my life and on the return leg I was fast asleep!
                              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Working...
                              X