Shangri-La Makati

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shangri-La Makati

Here you go: Arguably the best business hotel in the entire Metro Manila hotel, and IMHO (mine alone) - the best all round balance business hotel anywhere in the world.

My room:

Nevermind the two fellas. They were tired and needed to go to sleep.

My fave in Manila! (And only Conrad Bali has the same positive effect on me.)
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

My fave in Manila!
      Not cheap, but i agree - there's something about this place that keeps me coming back

Comment

Not bad - smooth lines.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          IMHO (mine alone) - the best all round balance business hotel anywhere in the world.
          I do agree it's a very good Hotel, but that's a big call !!.

Comment

thanks to the recommendations of Mr. JJPB3, i stayed at the shanri-la edsa in Mandaluyong City during a recent visit to manila. it was an absolutely wonderful experience, and was one of my favorite hotels i have been to. the breakfast and gym were absolutely top-notch. next time i will have to give the makati a try. my only problem with hotels in manila- after all the taxes, rates are nearly double the listed rates... and listed rates are pretty darn high to begin with.

Comment

Glad my recommendation suited a discerning traveller like taipeiflyer!

The gym at EDSA beats Makati's (I hear PBA [Philippine Basketball Association] players work out in that gym), but the latter has a location that can't be beat. I find the service better too.

Comment

i didn't realize that about the PBA... for a basketball junkie like myself, i find that pretty cool. i frequently play with members of the taiwanese basketball association when i am in tpe. despite my diminutive frame, i actually went to uc berkeley on a basketball scholarship. unfortunately, 4 surgeries in a span of two years relegated me to third-string waterboy... able to dispense cups of gatorade in case the other two waterboys developed carpal tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I do agree it's a very good Hotel, but that's a big call !!.
                  Yeah it is a bold statement - but there's something about this hotel. I don't know what it is, but I feel very much at home here. Maybe it's familiarity.

Comment

I'd definitely book this hotel for my next visit after the v many positive comments about the property. If I'm staying for longer than 17 hours, that is. Well, or at least a stay where I could have a go at the buffet brekkies.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                      thanks to the recommendations of Mr. JJPB3, i stayed at the shanri-la edsa in Mandaluyong City during a recent visit to manila. it was an absolutely wonderful experience, and was one of my favorite hotels i have been to. the breakfast and gym were absolutely top-notch.
                      I stayed in the Shangri-La Edsa too - I would say the best hotel I've stayed in. Was upgraded to a suite at check-in, despite having no status with them. Breakfast was so good that I woke up early just to enjoy it fully - mmm i still remember the pastries... only downside was feeling sleepy mid morning while digesting it all, and not feeling hungry for the rest of the day!
                      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

well I will be staying at this hotel for four nights at the end of August - We have booked superior suites that look fantastic on the web - Hwat are the restaurants like? Any pleaces around that one would get a good "steak" - I am a bit of a plain eater you see -Having never been to Manila what is the area like outside the hotel - Is it safe - I am with three other guys anyway but just want any information please. We just like to have a bite to eat and then a few beers and a laugh - any suggestions on where to and not too go would be great - thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by porsche View Post
                          well I will be staying at this hotel for four nights at the end of August - We have booked superior suites that look fantastic on the web - Hwat are the restaurants like? Any pleaces around that one would get a good "steak" - I am a bit of a plain eater you see -Having never been to Manila what is the area like outside the hotel - Is it safe - I am with three other guys anyway but just want any information please. We just like to have a bite to eat and then a few beers and a laugh - any suggestions on where to and not too go would be great - thanks guys
                          Lots of stuff to eat in the hotel - there's red/shang palace/circles/inagiku and a couple of other smaller restaurants that serve pretty good food.

As for the area surrounding the hotel: PLENTY of food. Top of my head there's a Hard Rock, a california pizza kitchen, there's greenbelt and hundreds, if not thousands of other eateries within 5 minutes walk. Some imagery for you to get a feel: (yes, i went down into the lobby in Jammies just to take these for you)

Comment

cheers for all of that

Comment

Originally posted by porsche View Post
                              That area has some of the most expensive real estate (residential and commercial) in the city, so it's very safe (and very busy, as you can see from SQfg's pics). If you walk over to Greenbelt 3, the bars (casual and smart casual) are side by side on Levels 2 and 3. Greenbelts 2 and 3 have nice restaurants, but I don't recall a steak place, as that's typically what I don't look for when I'm in Manila.

Comment

Working...
                              X