• Show
Clear All

• MNL's White Elephant (NAIA T3) finally opens

Finally, the new terminal is open:

http://www.straitstimes.com/Asia/Sou...ry_260338.html

http://www.mb.com.ph/MAIN20080723130496.html

Only 6 years or so after the contract was nullifed :

http://sg.biz.yahoo.com/060918/16/43htm.html

I think they've chosen the right move fully testing it before turning it international. I guess 5J passengers will get a mini-shock when the terminal goes international in 2009.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

I really had a goosebumps after watching the news clip of the first commercial flight in MNL T3. Finally, a heaven.

Comment

Hurrah, pare!

Comment

Weren't there some safety issues with the terminal too? I remember reading it somewhere. It was something to do with substandard material/workmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
          Weren't there some safety issues with the terminal too? I remember reading it somewhere. It was something to do with substandard material/workmanship.
          Yes, according to the third article linked above, it was the ceiling that was the issue:
          Cusi also said that Japanese contractor Takenaka Corp. has already agreed to repair the collapsed ceiling at the terminal-3 at their own expense.

However, Cusi, said they are evaluating and assessing the entire ceiling following the findings of the Association Structural Engineers Philippines that the cause of collapse was due to poor workmanship.

Cusi said they also asked the Takenaka to explain first the methodology of repair that the latter will undertake the repair.

Comment

After experiencing the joy that is NAIA T1 (thankfully none of the overwhelming crowds/queues i keep being warned about), this new terminal seems long overdue.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

The trick to NAIA is to plan your arrival and departure carefully - arriving on say SQ918 at eight-ish PM - and EDSA/Paranaque isn't too bad.

Depart really early in the morning - and it's the same case.

Comment

Is there any news on international airlines moving to Terminal 3. I seem to remember that was supposed to take place in the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2009?

I will be there in mid-December on SQ and it would be nice to avoid the old terminal.

Comment

I haven't been to MNL for a while but I haven't seen anything indicating SQ will be moving so I think you may be stuck in the old one.

Who is actually using the new terminal at the moment ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I haven't been to MNL for a while but I haven't seen anything indicating SQ will be moving so I think you may be stuck in the old one.

Who is actually using the new terminal at the moment ?.
                    Right now... only cebu pacific i think.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Right now... only cebu pacific i think.
                      Rather silly as T3 is the largest and newest.

Comment

Need your login info for this one.

Link broken...page removed.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Need your login info for this one.

Link broken...page removed.
                          You didn't realy want to read articles over a year old, did you?

Comment

Working...
                          X