Recommedation of seats on LX C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommedation of seats on LX C

Hi, need help in seats selection for SWISS INTL flights.

SIN-BKK-SIN Biz Class.

Any recommendation?

Can I choose my seats over the internet when i do my booking?

Thanks.

For recommendation you could take a look at SeatGuru http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Swi...nformation.php

Or the Swiss webpage for advance seat selection...
    http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/services...b_checkin.aspx
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

I dont think u can select seats online but you can call the reservations office for seat assignments. I've only sat in row 4 so dont know about the rest.

Comment

Seat 4A is the one to go for if you like a window seat (which I do).

You can select your seat via the OLCI link matt_will_fix_it has selected above.

The Seatguru desription is accurate - it's in the 'mini-cabin' section of Business (thus, usually quite quiet and peaceful). I favour this seat very highly because you will definitely be the first to get meals (and subsequently drinks, wines, buns and most importantly, the whole box of pralines to select from first). Also, you get to exit (not enter) at Bangkok, and if you are lucky, Singapore, via the F cabin in front, bypassing the Zoo completely.

If you absolutely need to be the first to disembark, Seat 5B or 6B is the way to go.

All the best getting 4A (if you even want it for the reasons above), I've only had about a 40% success rate getting it.

Comment

I like the center row, where both seats have direct aisle access. Have sat in 4G and 5D. Then again I'm an aisle seat person. The center row has added advantage of having no one climbing over you when they want to get out of their seat. As I recall rows 4 and 5 of the 343 are in their own mini cabin so personally would always go for 4/5DG.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Just returned (yesterday!) from A343 LX

Just came back from JNB with Swiss in C. from info here, i made sure i got the "mini cabin" up front, and was very pleased I did.

On outbound, i had 5G, adn the aisle access was convenient, although the seat in front DID mean that once fully reclined to sleep, I WAS finding my feet up against the seat in front.

On Inbound, i managed to ask at check in if there was any chance of moving from pre-alloocated row 5 seat to a row 4 (bulkhead) and was lucky enough to get the only remaining row 4 seat in 4K (window)

This shows 4K. The main advantage was the couple of inches extra legroom once in sleep position. BUT if you are less than about 6' tall (as i am), then you might find yourself sliding down a little anyway, as you are not wedged uopagainst seat in front.. (One small tip : Make sure you lift out the small raised bit on the footrest if you want to STOP sliding down!)

My camera battery had ran out on outbound, so sorry i dont have any row 5 pics (kept camera phone on flight mode on way back!) . Sorry...

But hope this helps !

To sum up, Mini cabin is a given (quicker service, better service, more attentive staff), row 5 middle seats are best, row 4 is better than 5 (IMHO )

BR

Dukesy
            Have we flown/are we flying together ?

http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/re...?handle=dukesy

Comment

For those of you who have taken the BKK-SIN-BKK flight, can you comment on the service, food, and IFE?

The Swiss flight times are convenient for me for an upcoming trip. And at half the price of SQ, with a long-haul product to boot, I am tempted to give LX a try. I've never flown LX, so there is the novelty factor as well.

Comment

Nevermind. Found the C menus (pretty uninspiring) and KeithMEL's trip report. Might want to give this one a pass and stick with the old reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                  Nevermind. Found the C menus (pretty uninspiring) and KeithMEL's trip report. Might want to give this one a pass and stick with the old reliable.
                  I hope i didn't convey the wrong impression of what's in reality a v good value product!

If you like your reds, definitely go LX C for the excellent pinots!

Also, I reckon BKK-SIN is a v good segment to test the waters and get a 'taste' of a long haul product.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    I hope i didn't convey the wrong impression of what's in reality a v good value product!

If you like your reds, definitely go LX C for the excellent pinots!

Also, I reckon BKK-SIN is a v good segment to test the waters and get a 'taste' of a long haul product.
                    When flying, I prefer Bordeaux and Cabernet. The palate is too gonzo aloft to taste the nuance of a pinot for me.

I guess I should think of it this way: seat better on LX, good IFE, crappy food. But at half the price. $500 per person buys a couple of nice meals and good wine in Singapore, doesn't it? If I look at it that way, there's only one sensible choice, despite the blah food.

Comment

I guess I should think of it this way: seat better on LX, good IFE, crappy food. But at half the price. $500 per person buys a couple of nice meals and good wine in Singapore, doesn't it? If I look at it that way, there's only one sensible choice, despite the blah food.
                      Bingo.

Comment

Well, I'm not real happy with SQ right now, who are refusing to credit mileage to my DL account, so I may well just go with the LX flights at half the SQ price.

The background is that I bought SIN-DPS-vv. tix for me and Mr. Megatop online. I bought separate tix, not GV2, specifically so that they'd be mileage-earning. Because SQ.com forces you to login as a KF member in order to buy tix, I had to open KF accounts for both of us. There was no way to specify another airline's FFP when booking, a serious flaw. At check-in, we asked for our miles to be credited to DL. His were, mine were not-- went to KF instead. I emailed and asked that the orphan miles be removed from my KF account and properly credited to DL. Short answer: No.

This little foul-up and refusal to fix it is going to cost SQ ~S$2800 in highly profitable premium-class sales.

Comment

There was no way to specify another airline's FFP when booking, a serious flaw. At check-in, we asked for our miles to be credited to DL. His were, mine were not-- went to KF instead. I emailed and asked that the orphan miles be removed from my KF account and properly credited to DL. Short answer: No.
                          What you have to do is specify your DL number in your KrisFlyer profile. It's one of the options on the My Profile --> Optional Information link on the left-hand side of your profile. When you log in and book a ticket, you'll be allowed to credit to another FFP. (This year, I've only credited to my BD account, and that option was definitely available to me.)

Did your BP show that DL was entered in the FQTV field? You might have run up against an unhelpful agent. SQ is particularly painful to deal with when it comes to reversing mileage miscredits.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

My DL SM number was already displayed in my profile. When I booked the ticket, I distinctly remember trying to express my preference for crediting mileage to DL and being unable to do so.

If SQ had been sensible and fixed this very small problem (we're talking about barely 2000 miles), I would be in a position to find out how to express that preference properly within a week. But noooooooooooooooo... SQ is being a PITA, and it's costing them my business for this flight. I'm going with LX, saving $1000, and taking Mr. Megatop for a nice dinner in Singapore instead.

Comment

I don't think SQ really cares...

Comment

Working...
                              X