SQ879 TPE-SIN Y food: disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ879 TPE-SIN Y food: disappointing

This is what I got from SQ879 TPE-SIN...

Colourless, bland...how appetitizing-lookin... And there's no fruits!

As compared to what I got from MI879 SIN-KHH

Last edited by blueodyssey; 16 July 2008, 12:13 AM.
    A great way to fly!

I have always thought the catering ex SIN is better than ex some other stations... I haven't any experience with TPE, but eg MI SIN - CTU is much better than the return flight CTU to SIN...

It boils down to the quality of catering options availalbe at those stations... I guess sometimes there may only be one caterer at that post who may not be up to SQ standards...
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

There's no fruits because you get a dessert in its place. Looks like some jello from here.

Comment

Mine looked really average, thankfully the taste was better than the presentation.

Here's a pic from SQ879 I took just last month - not sure if you had the same thing though (the chicken breast in my photo is rather hard to miss):

Close-up of the salad:

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        dinner from Taipei to Singapore (23 June)
        international selection

appetiser
        Marinated prawns with crispy romaine lettuce

main courses
        * Pan fried chicken breast with tagliatelle in mushroom cream sauce

cheese
        Cheese and crackers

dessert
        Ice cream (Haagen Dazs)

from the bakery
        Roll and butter

hot beverages
        Coffee - Tea

*Exclusively created by Gordon Ramsay, London

Comment

You got salad with prawns. Nice.

The jelly is pathetic.
          A great way to fly!

Comment

Don't they usually serve ice cream as a dessert for this flight? I recall getting 2 Magnum ice cream in my recent trip. PPS privilege in Y?

Comment

Haha, yes, we got served the ice-craem as well.

But I'm sure we all know what Magnum ice-cream looks like, so I didn't bother uploading that one.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                Don't they usually serve ice cream as a dessert for this flight? I recall getting 2 Magnum ice cream in my recent trip. PPS privilege in Y?
                I got Magnum ice cream (ex-SIN) and Haagen-Dazs (ex-HKG) on my recent trips to SIN. Surprisingly, I prefer the Magnum

Comment

The almond Magnum is really something else! Top marks... give it a try if you haven't (and I don't go out of my way to even eat ice-cream, but this one is really that good)!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    The almond Magnum is really something else! Top marks... give it a try if you haven't (and I don't go out of my way to even eat ice-cream, but this one is really that good)!!!
                    Yup..maybe I had HD too much here in HKG and Magnum did tasted good when I had it on Monday. I was surprised that I could finish the whole ice-cream, as compared to the usual one when I had the bland Vanilla or Strawberry HD.

Comment

Working...
                    X