Can we buy food onboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we buy food onboard?

I wish we were given the choice to purchase additional meal on board. You know, sometimes one serving is just not enough! I wonder if they will oblige if we ask for 2 servings

Or just let me pay for it!!!

What airline are you talking about ?.

Comment

Any airline...I know no-frills airline do sell their food and stuff, but what about SQ?

Comment

Many airlines now sell food on board. However, SQ is not one of them and I wouldn't expect that to change any time soon.

(Said treating the suggestion at face value and not as a wind-up).

Comment

Why don't you use any of the options that already exist:

1. Bring your own munchies or buy something airside to tide you over

2. On long-haul flights, ask for the snacks available between the main meal services (definitely available on SQ)

3. On short-haul flights, eat A LOT before boarding if you think you're going to be that hungry, or just wait until you land (trust me, the hunger pangs aren't going to kill you)
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Definitely bring your own food is the best option. I tend to find most airside food to be unhealthy and rather expensive (LAX, SFO, JFK, LHR come to mind). If you're staying at one of the mid-range (Hyatt, Hilton, etc.) to luxury (Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton, Raffles, etc.) hotels, I do know that they can actually pack a great gourmet meal that you can bring along.

Comment

Hmmm time to bring in a bucket of KFC!

Comment

Originally posted by quik!
                Hmmm time to bring in a bucket of KFC!
                I see you're going the healthy route here.

Comment

A bucket of KFC is much better than any airline food! First class included.

*brings some bottled caviar*

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Why don't you use any of the options that already exist:

1. Bring your own munchies or buy something airside to tide you over

2. On long-haul flights, ask for the snacks available between the main meal services (definitely available on SQ)

3. On short-haul flights, eat A LOT before boarding if you think you're going to be that hungry, or just wait until you land (trust me, the hunger pangs aren't going to kill you)
                    Definitely good suggestions IMO.

Comment

If you're referring to your BD flight - yes, it's buy onboard.

A coke was 1 pound. Sandwiches were 3.50, Euros accepted. Smallest Euro coin accepted is 50 euro cents. Minimum for credit card is 5 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        If you're referring to your BD flight - yes, it's buy onboard.

A coke was 1 pound. Sandwiches were 3.50, Euros accepted. Smallest Euro coin accepted is 50 euro cents. Minimum for credit card is 5 pounds.
                        Thanks for the info SQflyergirl. That is a very short journey and I don't really need to buy any snacks, was just asking a general question, on long hauls.

Comment

Probably the wrong place to bring it up on but back in the old days in the seventies They were people who flew Air India bringing their own curries and rice on board come meal time they would all gather together and eat

Comment

on SQ one can always asked for instant noodles or even biscuits and am sure there are snacks too if one is hungry after meals.

Comment

I must say I've never been left hungry after a meal on board an SQ flight. Although there was the last time I looked enviously at a child's meal, spaghetti with meatballs and they were huge! Definitely a bigger portion than my fish with rice in Y

As far as asking for seconds, I remember in the 90s I was doing a TPE-HKG run on CI in Y and they served us this delicious noodles with huge chunks of chicken (Taiwanese noodles rock!). I was so hungry, I wolfed it down so fast in minutes, the IFS strolled by and offered me a second portion

I also had a similar positive experience with MH flying from JNB to KUL (continuing from EZE and CPT). Was still hungry midway through the flight and asked the FA is she had any leftover meals to spare. The result: another serving of the chicken dinner!
                              Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                              X