Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheraton Surabaya Hotel & Towers

I had stayed in the only Starwood property in Surabaya twice. The first stay was right after I gained my SPG PLT status in December 2007. The second stay was during my Engagement held last mth (June 2008).

Check-in for PLT member was done at Towers Lounge (forgot which floor it was) and got successfully upgraded to a Suite room. Since it was quite close to Christmas, there was some Christmas-related decoration in the lobby. I was offered option of 500 bonus Starpoints or local gifts (for the first time ) and choose the bonus pts without any hesitation

Hotel Lobby:

PLT members receive the benefit of a free evening cocktail and usage of the PC terminal in the Lounge. There is also an option of breakfast in the Lounge or in the ground-floor restaurant. I ended up only trying the breakfast downstairs.

Towers Lounge:

The Suite room itself was spacious with a living room, bathroom and bedroom. However, at that time, the furnishings were quite outdated. There was a separate bath and shower area, with the usual Sheraton's Aqua-Shui bath amenities. The good news was: the Hotel was undergoing some renovations for the Towers floors and the Suite room certainly was much better after the reno.

The living room:

Bath amenities:

Bath-tub:

Separate shower compartment:

Comment

The bedroom itself featured an old TV, working table & desk, and the king-size bed. The bed was comfortable and I definitely had no problems with it during my 4 nights stay last December.

The mini-bar:

The bed:

TV-set and sofa:

Working table & desk:

I feel that the Sheraton Surabaya is a good business hotel with a very convenient location in the city area, compared to the Shangrila. I noticed that there were quite a number of Singaporeans, Japanese and Koreans during my 2 stays there.

For those shopping-enthuasiast, there is a Louis-Vuitton & Mont-Blanc outlets inside the hotel. Besides, the hotel is just next to the most popular shopping mall in Surabaya, Mall Tunjungan Plaza. The hotel also has a very popular Chinese Restaurant, Long Yuan. I had some good meals in this restaurant even before I went for the stay in the hotel itself. There is also a grand ballroom which can accomodate large events such as weddings and Sweet-17 parties.

Comment

My second stay at the Sheraton Surabaya was during my Engagement Party last month. I had booked a room under the Best Available Rate for IDR 708,000 (+21% Tax) and was upgraded to the new Premier Deluxe Room on the upper floors. All the rooms (and suites) in the upper floors should have been upgraded by now and I was very pleased with the new room. The Towers Lounge was still under renovation last month and there was a temporary lounge (for breakfast and cocktail) on the 2nd floor. I was a little disappointed as they didn't upgrade me to a Suite like the previous stay, the reason being that there was not enough Suite which was already renovated. Let's see if they can upgrade me to a Suite on my next stay there.

The new Premier Deluxe room gives a very modern and contemporary outlook and features a Samsung LCD-TV, new carpet, and furnishings. It certainly looked very very different as compared to the dull and outdated feel of the standard room (we booked 2 other rooms for my other family members) on the lower floors.

Since our Engagement Party was held at the Pakuwon Golf & Family Club (under the management of Sheraton Surabaya), we also got a free complementary Suite. The Suite room features 2 LCD TVs (one on the living room and the second on the bed-room), a huge living-room with sofa and working desk, the usual shower and bath-tub on the bathroom, and a second toilet next to the bedroom. The bath-amenities are still similar to the normal deluxe room (Aqua-Shui stuffs).

One little snippet: our decorator spent 1 hr++ to make-up the suite room with some floral arrangements on the bedroom and living room. More decorations can be seen in the other thread on the Wedding Trip.

Bedroom:

Bedroom's LCD TV:

The Floral Decorations:

Last edited by YK@HKG; 19 July 2008, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I stayed in this hotel in mid-2007. It didn't really do it for me. The hotel used to have Tanjungan Plaza going plaza going for it but that mall is going down hill quickly with all the new malls opening in Surabaya.

I think the Hyatt and the Majapahit are both much better hotels and they are rp200,000-300,000 cheaper.

Comment

Working...
          X