Flight Montevideo to Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight Montevideo to Singapore

Try using Star alliance flight planner to see my options, but this is what I get....

This City Pair is served, but the flight server did not find any logical connections (xx August 2008)

Tried using the website, but search came up nothing !!!!....

Anyone got any ideas fo how I should fly from Montevideo to home??
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

I asked the forum a similar question a couple of weeks ago as I will fly to Buenos Aires & Rio de Janeiro in May 2009.

Depends on what you prefer. AC to pacific west coast, then SQ to Asia perhaps? Or may be UA / DL to the U.S., then over to Asia by ANA or SQ...
    DL and KE publish fares from Asia to South America (although there's usually a stop in the U.S.).

Other alternative is to come back through Europe (LH, then SQ) but this will get even more expensive and you're almost literally doing a RTW.

Uruguay must be a beautiful place...

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
      I asked the forum a similar question a couple of weeks ago as I will fly to Buenos Aires & Rio de Janeiro in May 2009.

Depends on what you prefer. AC to pacific west coast, then SQ to Asia perhaps? Or may be UA / DL to the U.S., then over to Asia by ANA or SQ...
      DL and KE publish fares from Asia to South America (although there's usually a stop in the U.S.).

Other alternative is to come back through Europe (LH, then SQ) but this will get even more expensive and you're almost literally doing a RTW.

Uruguay must be a beautiful place...
      I sent a mail to my TA and ask them to check....

Plan is to go to EC US hop on one ship, Baltimore to New York. Fly to Santos, hop onboard another and sail to Montevideo and then home from there.

Lets see how the flights can be arrange before I decide whether I want to be there or not.... its a long long flight.... and I hate long flights....

Comment

Easiest I think will be to hop over to EZE and fly from there. I can't think off hand who in *A flies to MVD (UA used to).

Comment

I just checked Wikipedia on the Airport. I don't see any *A flying there, but Wikipedia also wrote LH flying there. You can probably do a do LH on 1 sector, then SQ on the other sector.
          Life's A Bitch,
          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

I'm pretty sure LH doesn't fly to MVD.

Comment

This is what my TA is recommending.... still deciding to go or not to go....

JJ 8047 07AUG Montevideo(Carrasco) - Sao Paulo(Guarulhos Intl) 1430 1700
              SA 223 07AUG Sao Paulo(Guarulhos Intl) - Johannesburg(O.R. Tambo Intl) 1800 0740+1
              SQ 479 08AUG Johannesburg(O.R. Tambo Intl) - Singapore(Changi) 1315 0540+1

Another option :

JJ 8047 07AUG Montevideo(Carrasco) - Sao Paulo(Guarulhos Intl) 1430 1700
              LH 507 07AUG Sao Paulo(Guarulhos Intl) - Frankfurt(Frankfurt Intl) 1820 1035+1
              LH 9762 08AUG Frankfurt(Frankfurt Intl) - Singapore(Changi) 1235 0635+1

Comment

After studying what is available, it would appear that I would have to get to Sao Paulo in Brazil to get the best connection out of the continent.

Flying to Johannesburg will be extra 30 minutes of travel time and the SQ plane will be old equipment ....,

Keying in Sao Paulo to Singapore on the *A Travel Desk s/w, I got the below option...

Flight 1 of 2:
                Flight SWISS 97
                From Sao Paulo Guarulhos SP BR (GRU) Terminal 2
                Departure Time 1835
                To Zurich CH (ZRH) Terminal
                Arrival Time 1105
                Duration 11h30m
                Meal MB
                Aircraft Type 343

Flight 2 of 2:
                Flight Singapore Airlines 345
                From Zurich CH (ZRH) Terminal
                Departure Time 1205
                To Singapore Changi SG (SIN) Terminal 0
                Arrival Time 0610
                Duration 12h05m
                Meal M
                Aircraft Type 77W

The above option will be good as I will be on a SQ flight, scoring PPSV and also on the 77W aircraft where I can lay flat and try to recover from some lost sleep or getting my bearing right from all the changes in time zones....

Have told TA to find out prices... let's see what she comes back with...

Comment

GRU-ZRH-SIN would IMO be the best option. ZRH is a really nice airport to transit.

I went the opposite direction on my way to GRU

JJ is a nice airline as well

Comment

Working...
                  X