SIN-FRA in Business Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIN-FRA in Business Class

Being new to this *A stuff, one question.....

Which is the best bang-for-buck J-Class to Frankfurt, assuming let's say one or less stop-overs on the way?

I have a booking on Thai now for October but would like to know if this will be the new or old seats......obviously if it is old then i'll change. I also have options of Turkish through Istanbul or Swiss but this requires i think this goes through both BKK and ZUR.

SQ and LH are too expensive, for example i can get Thai inc. the S$900 taxes cheaper than the basic fare on LH and this is cheaper than SQ itself.

Just a few ....

Finnair (non *A) base fare is circa s$4480
    TK is S$4860
    MH S$4980

Comment

Yeah the TK price is the same as TH booking i have.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
        Finnair (non *A) base fare is circa s$4480
        AFAIK, they don't fly from SIN anymore - only from BKK.

AY in J are very good - there's no F so IMO the standard is somewhere between normal F and normal J. Their new (as in a few years old) seat is a fully flat slope but still very comfortable for sleeping with a pillow and duvet. HEL is also very easy to transit through.

Comment

Routing is SIN(CX/SQ/TG)BKK/HKG/BJS/CAN/SHA-HEL(AY/FC)FRA

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          HELL is also very easy to transit through.
          Can't help having a wee jest.

Comment

Not sure if this helps:
            Its cheaper to depart from other countries then SIN to wherever you want to go. Sometimes I do that just to save on the cash and for some extra milegae.

MH has a D class fare from SGN to FRA for 2040SGD. Quite a steal if you ask me.
            Route has to be SGN-KUL-FRA
            Stopovers in KUL permitted

Cheapest *A so far I have seen is a Z class fare for $3986 on SAS departing from KUL.
            Route is KUL(MH/TG)BKK-STO-CPH-FRA
            1 stopover in each direction.

You probably will have to get a connection flight to these originating destinations.
            Last edited by zander; 4 July 2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

TG uses their 744 for BKK-FRA. The J used here are their new sloping flat beds.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGoose View Post
                TG uses their 744 for BKK-FRA. The J used here are their new sloping flat beds.

That was one thing at least i was hoping to hear, thanks.

I'll have a chat with my colleague next week about Turkish as he always seems to take them instead.

I looked at buying tickets in BKK then buying a separate ticket from here to BKK but from what i quickly saw it didn't make any saving......strangely.

Comment

Just another quick piece of info, TG in Thailand is having an offer of buy 1 get 1 free business class ticket to quite a few destinations in Europe and Asia. If you're taking someone along, this might be helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGoose View Post
                    Just another quick piece of info, TG in Thailand is having an offer of buy 1 get 1 free business class ticket to quite a few destinations in Europe and Asia. If you're taking someone along, this might be helpful!
                    Thanks for the info GoldenGoose - are there any online links to this offer?
                    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Sure thing, its pretty much everywhere on the web if u search 'thai airways buy 1 fly 2 offer', but I'll just post one of them.

http://www.thainewsland.com/?l=en&a=309711

btw, you'll have to contact a local Thai agent if you're interested to book for the offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X