Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fog, fog, go away! Come again another day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog, fog, go away! Come again another day!

I'm getting extremely nervous about this fog situation here in the UK. Today some flights were cancelled because of the situation - I'm looking particularly at BD flights to CDG, I noticed that the same flight I'm going to be on this Saturday was cancelled!

Oh please let Saturday be a OK weather day!!

Friday's looking a wee bit better and so is Saturday. After Sunday, it's back to dreary, cold ol' London again.

Hm...it's supposed to get into the 20˚C mark here in LA. Looks like another t-shirt and shorts Christmas again.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
      Friday's looking a wee bit better and so is Saturday. After Sunday, it's back to dreary, cold ol' London again.

Hm...it's supposed to get into the 20˚C mark here in LA. Looks like another t-shirt and shorts Christmas again.
      This holiday week here in LA is so cold that my dad reported frost on his car
      "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011
        It's gonna warm up a bit by the end of this week. Besides, I'm not in LA proper, but towards the Pasadena area. It's a bit warmer here than LA proper.

Comment

Woke up yesterday morning with a thin layer of ice on my car! And there were some ice on the greens, quite a nice sight to behold! Winter is truly here I guess!

Comment

I flew BD LHR-CDG 9 days ago and it was EARLY

Comment

Fog caused chaos at MAN yesterday. Went over to pick my Father & Brother up who were coming back from DXB on KL. They landed but then the fog got so bad they were stuck on the Taxiway for an hour unable to cross the runway as the Tower couldn't see them.

Comment

I wish we had fog like that here. When I used to live in the SF area, it was so gorgeous seeing the fog roll in over the city.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewSQ011 View Post
                  To be honest, what exactly is definition of "cold" according to LA's dictionary? I went to school was a part time resident there for many years and have never had to turn on my heater during winter months. Really.....unless one resides in Big Bear or Wrightwood, is there such thing as a legitimate winter in the LA basin?

I'm dreading -20C temps in Toronto come January and people in LA are shivering already with 16C High / 3C Low? With that kind of temperatures, Torontonians would be rollerblading in shorts in no time.
                  My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated
                    To be honest, what exactly is definition of "cold" according to LA's dictionary?
                    Still stuck on that Toronto cold, are ya?

You're in luck tonight because it's supposed to be the coldest night of the year. It's 3?C right now, and supposed to dip all the way to 1?C tonight. I think it was about two weeks ago it was some 27?C.

Comment

It's gonna warm up a bit by the end of this week. Besides, I'm not in LA proper, but towards the Pasadena area. It's a bit warmer here than LA proper.
                      *Off Topic*

Wow you live close-by .

I live near Glendale (Eagle Rock area)

Still stuck on that Toronto cold, are ya?

You're in luck tonight because it's supposed to be the coldest night of the year. It's 3?C right now, and supposed to dip all the way to 1?C tonight. I think it was about two weeks ago it was some 27?C.
                      Heard that Big Bear is only 19 degrees F
                      "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

Quik

Good luck - I am sure you'll be OK this Sat. Hope you don't have any other complicated follow on segments like some frequent traveller I know.

I tried to rebook my tix today but was told that BA have closed their ticketing office to cope with the current rebooking due to the fog.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                          Quik

Good luck - I am sure you'll be OK this Sat. Hope you don't have any other complicated follow on segments like some frequent traveller I know.

I tried to rebook my tix today but was told that BA have closed their ticketing office to cope with the current rebooking due to the fog.
                          Thanks, SQFAN. The fog was really bad today. Heading to work was almost hazardous, I can barely see what's in front

I am looking at the weather forecast, it seems that it will clear up on Saturday (Sunny spells and patchy cloud. Winds will be light and variable), and I hope it will. I have about 7 hours transit time in CDG before hopping on to my LH flight to FRA, then SIN. Any delay in any segment would not be so nice...if I miss my LH flight, which I'm sure is the last flight out of CDG, I'm really, REALLY screwed

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            I flew BD LHR-CDG 9 days ago and it was EARLY

Hey SQflyergirl. How was the flight? Were you on a A320? I checked mine and it seems they have an Embraer ERJ 145 for BD175. This is my first time on this kinda aircraft and I'm quite excited about it!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                              Hey SQflyergirl. How was the flight? Were you on a A320? I checked mine and it seems they have an Embraer ERJ 145 for BD175. This is my first time on this kinda aircraft and I'm quite excited about it!
                              ERJ145 is kind of cramped wee aircraft compared to the usual ones. Having said that, it's feels like your own private jet.

Did it recently on ABZ-AMS. The good thing about it is very quik! () to finish boading of all pax. The bad thing (not sure about CDG) is that such wee plane would imply no aerobridge facility. Have to bus it to the main terminal.

Have you seen the ERJ145 pics on the airliners.net website?

Comment

Working...
                              X