X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIA receives the 600th B777

From Boeing's website:

Originally posted by Boeing
    EVERETT, Wash., Dec. 18, 2006 -- The Boeing Company [NYSE: BA] Friday delivered its 600th 777 airplane, to Singapore Airlines. The 777 program reached the milestone after 11 years in service, faster than any other twin-aisle airplane program in history.
    With today's delivery, Singapore Airlines now operates 61 777s, the largest 777 fleet in the world with 16 more 777-300ERs that remain to be delivered. The airplane delivered today will be added to the airline's fleet of 12 777-300s, 31 777-200s, 15 777-200ERs, 2 777-300ERs and 23 747-400s.
    "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Including those on order, SQ have 77 B777s. EK have 91, most of which are still on order. Assuming no new orders, when would EK receive their 78th B777? Even if SQ exercise their options for 13 more B777-300ERs (which I expect they will), that will get them to 90 in the unlikely event that the 90th is delivered before the 1st is retired. Once they no longer have the largest B777 fleet, might SQ someday have the largest B787 fleet?

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda
      Once they no longer have the largest B777 fleet, might SQ someday have the largest B787 fleet?
      Doubtful with the current orders. NH has 50+50, JL has 30+20, NW has 18+50, etc. So unless we're talking about total orders some years in the future, then I don't think we'll see SQ having the most 787s.

Besides, with EK, bigger isn't necessarily better.

Comment

The article is wrong,we still have 24 744s and 5 A345s

Comment

Originally posted by sq_a380
          The article is wrong,we still have 24 744s and 5 A345s
          Even the SQ press release says 23 as well. And of course they won't mention the A345s for obvious reasons.

Comment

Its obvious? Then I'm stupid....because i still cant figure out why

Comment

Where do the B744s fly to?

Hey pple!!! i've always seen SIA's B777 family... But i was kinda wondering where do the larger B744 fly to?? I noe they fly to Frankfurt, Sydney, Melbourne, London, JFk, SFO.. Den where else?

Comment

Welcome to SQT, KyraPractor.

The 744s fly to: LAX, SFO, NRT (2x), FRA (2x), SYD (3x), LHR (3x), JFK, MEL, ICN, AKL (that's leaving soon IIRC), HKG
                Last edited by globetrekker84; 20 December 2006, 11:02 AM. Reason: mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                  not MEL though AFAIK.
                  They do. 1 flight/day

Also AKL, HKG, ICN. Once in a rare while KUL as well.

And of course welcome to SQT KyraPractor. Are you in real life a Chiropractor?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL
                    They do. 1 flight/day

Also AKL, HKG, ICN. Once in a rare while KUL as well.
                    heh. I was fixing it as I went. Didn't see your post.

Also I did get a 744 at CGK back at the end of August on SQ157, but that's definitely a sub. Too bad we don't see those around anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                      heh. I was fixing it as I went. Didn't see your post.

Also I did get a 744 at CGK back at the end of August on SQ157, but that's definitely a sub. Too bad we don't see those around anymore.
                      Actually, SQ162 has been operated by 744 lately. F is open to C class pax with C service, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by sq_a380 View Post
                        The article is wrong,we still have 24 744s
                        Well, one SQ B744 was withdrawn from service, so its now only 23 B744s
                        "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

SQ64 to BKK still operates the 744.

I still don't understand why when Boeing deliver the 773ER flying fan empty aircraft from Seattle to Singapore? Instead of taking the revenue passengers from San Francisco to Singapore acting as an additional flight? SQ1 out bound SFO on all 3 classes had been overbooked badly in the last 9 months.

I remembered in the old days when Boeing delivered the 743 Big Top & the 744 MegaTop, Boeing will flying an empty aircraft down from Seattle to San Francisco, then SQ will named it an extra flight no called SQ8001 operated 15 minutes ahead of the regular SQ1 departure out of SFO.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker
                            I still don't understand why when Boeing deliver the 773ER flying fan empty aircraft from Seattle to Singapore? Instead of taking the revenue passengers from San Francisco to Singapore acting as an additional flight? SQ1 out bound SFO on all 3 classes had been overbooked badly in the last 9 months.

I remembered in the old days when Boeing delivered the 743 Big Top & the 744 MegaTop, Boeing will flying an empty aircraft down from Seattle to San Francisco, then SQ will named it an extra flight no called SQ8001 operated 15 minutes ahead of the regular SQ1 departure out of SFO.
                            Maybe those were the days when they weren't introducing new cabins. Besides, it's SQ who decides that kind of stuff. Oh, and lastly, I'm not sure if this is relevant to SQ, but I remember when UA inaugurated the world's first 777 flight, it originated in LHR instead of IAD due to tax reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
                              SQ64 to BKK still operates the 744.

I don't think so. The on-line schedules reflect 772 for SQ64, and when I OLCI for my flight on SQ64 tomorrow, the seat map showed 772 (3-class) as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X