Air New Zealand Doubles Order for Boeing Dreamliner to Eight Aircraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air New Zealand Doubles Order for Boeing Dreamliner to Eight Aircraft

What's French and German for "This year can't get any worse."?

WELLINGTON - Air New Zealand said it has doubled its order for the new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner to eight aircraft.

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/afx...fx3266359.html

Please - a flight to South America!!!

Atm Star Alliance enthusiasts in Australia/NZ are either condemned to being branded traitors (LA via SYD) or enduring UA all the way via LAX/SFO.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL
      Please - a flight to South America!!!
      As much as I'd love to see a NZ-South America flight, unless they put a 744 on it, ETOPS is going to get in the way.

ETOPS-180 for AKL-EZE

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
        As much as I'd love to see a NZ-South America flight, unless they put a 744 on it, ETOPS is going to get in the way.

ETOPS-180 for AKL-EZE

They indicated that it's possible somewhere in the article though - one of the quotes.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL
          They indicated that it's possible somewhere in the article though - one of the quotes.
          You're right. My apologies.

So I took some time to think about it, and what do you know? PPT fits perfectly in the ETOPS-180 route between AKL and EZE.

AKL-PPT-EZE

Although I do wonder what kind of loads they would have there. I also wonder if they'd put a flight out to IPC. That would definitely be a place I'd want to go to.

Comment

Lanchile operates SCL-AKL connecting onto Australia.... LFs seem to be ok.
            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
              No need to be sad. All they need is to buy 77Ws. Its been tested to ETOPS330. Just a matter to them seeking certification.

Comment

In the meantime, what ETOPS is NZ certified to?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL
                  In the meantime, what ETOPS is NZ certified to?
                  Their 772ERs were certified to 180. Don't know if they've changed it to 207 though.

Comment

Working...
                  X