• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steaks in Singapore

One man's meat another man's poison...

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    One man's meat another man's poison...
    Originally posted by kelvgoh View Post
    Lawry's! no one beats them at steak in Singapore.
    When I go to Singapore from the UK, steak is definitely not on my 'die, die, must eat' list.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      When I go to Singapore from the UK, steak is definitely not on my 'die, die, must eat' list.
      Eh! Didn't you take me once to an (awful) rib place in Singapore ?

Comment

din tai fung is all over the place. a bit like wagamamas here. overrated imho.

I prefer Morton's

Comment

You're kidding right...?

A friend of mine once ordered prime rib "medium". It came blood rare and was duly sent back - only for the same piece of meat to return from the kitchen as a piece of overcooked leather. They didn't even bother to wipe away the microwave splatter....

Comment

Lawry's in Singapore: I associate it with mediocre steaks/ribs and glacially slow service. I vowed never to go back there after just one thoroughly underwhelming meal.

Such a disappointment after a stellar dinner at the one in Chicago.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              Lawry's in Singapore: I associate it with mediocre steaks/ribs and glacially slow service. I vowed never to go back there after just one thoroughly underwhelming meal.

Such a disappointment after a stellar dinner at the one in Chicago.
              if you come to tpe, i will take you to the lawry's there... very impressive...much better than the beverly hills one i have gone to on a couple of occassions. for those visiting la, stop by chez taipeiflyer's for the best steaks in southern california... there's also plenty good wine and scotch to wash it down with!

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                if you come to tpe, i will take you to the lawry's there... very impressive...much better than the beverly hills one i have gone to on a couple of occassions. for those visiting la, stop by chez taipeiflyer's for the best steaks in southern california... there's also plenty good wine and scotch to wash it down with!
                With an offer like that waiting to be collected, that should really read "When I come to TPE (and LA)..."
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  With that kind of an offer, that should really read "When I come to TPE (and LA)..."
                  looking forward to it... just let me know. whole foods has amazing ribeyes (my personal fav). let me know your favorite.

Comment

...much better than the beverly hills one i have gone to on a couple of occassions.
                    Please keep in mind that if you do go to the BH Lawry's with taipeiflyer, he usually stops there for his appetizer of a 20 oz Ribeye then jumps in his car to head to another restaurant for a proper 12 course dinner. I've seen it happen and almost called Guinness Book of World Records!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      Please keep in mind that if you do go to the BH Lawry's with taipeiflyer, he usually stops there for his appetizer of a 20 oz Ribeye then jumps in his car to head to another restaurant for a proper 12 course dinner. I've seen it happen and almost called Guinness Book of World Records!
                      HugeAL didn't see it, but i was secretly stuffing the food in my hollow peg leg. honestly, i have NEVER eaten so much as i did that night... but it's HugeAL's fault- he introduced me to the greatest italian restaurant i have been to.
                      p.s. HugeAL is a VVIP there, so we got the matching 12-course wine pairing. they had to drag me outta that place.... i easily could have done another 6 courses!!!

Comment

p.s. HugeAL is a VVIP there, so we got the matching 12-course wine pairing. they had to drag me outta that place.... i easily could have done another 6 courses!!!
                        And I thought I ate a lot... I can barely manage a 9 course degustation let alone 12!
                        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I'll like to take on that offer in Oct.

For SIN, there's Aston's Specialties. Try Aston's prime for the really good stuff: http://astonsspecialties.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            I'll like to take on that offer in Oct.

For SIN, there's Aston's Specialties. Try Aston's prime for the really good stuff: http://astonsspecialties.blogspot.com/
                            The queue at Aston's is a tad too long for my liking but they serve quite good steaks.

Comment

Timing brother..... avoid normal mealtimes.

Aston Prime offers reservations or so it should considering the premium grades they serve there

If you've not figured out, yes I'm an Aston's fan

Comment

Working...
                              X