[MUC] SEN Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MUC] SEN Cafe

I prefer this cosy cafe (Level G) over the MUC T2 SEN lounge (level G).
    Notice the TV aquarium ...and this cafe has piped soothing music.

Some comments
    • The food in the SEN lounge is comparatively better if you want hot food during lunch hours. The cafe on the other had has smoothies.
    • This cafe is cosy (ie small) but quiet and has very relaxing music. Now that I have posted this, what have I done?

Marketing Bumpf from LH

As of the beginning of April 2008, a Senator Café is available to you at Munich Airport in the EU departure area of terminal 2. The modern 150m˛ café and bar equipped with 48 seats offers you another area to work and relax in, in addition to the space currently provided by the Senator Lounge. The atmosphere conveys warmth and hospitality, and a barista guarantees professional and custom-prepared coffee enjoyment. When you're just a little hungry, there are light snacks as well as healthy fruit smoothies and salads available on the way to the gate.

With this new concept, Lufthansa is starting extensive modernization and expansion measures for the current EU lounges in Munich, which will be finished by the end of 2009.

The Senator Café is centrally located near Gate G27 across from the current Senator Lounge, and is open daily from 5am to 10pm.
    Last edited by SQFAN; 9 June 2008, 07:35 AM.

Looks great!
    Is this in Schengen or non-Schengen part?

Comment

Added last 2 pics.

Level G is Schengen
      Level H is non-schengen

Comment

But your Cafe lounge was in G or H level?

Comment

Level G.

Comment

What time of day did you visit that it was so empty? When I went it was just as crowded as the SEN lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
              What time of day did you visit that it was so empty? .
              Sunday 12 noon to 3pm.

Comment

A bit misleading then to suggest this new lounge is much quieter than the old lounge.

Comment

What's the entry requirement. Is it a *G lounge?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    What's the entry requirement. Is it a *G lounge?
                    I thought it was for LH SEN but it was mentioned in TOF that it is accessible to *G. Having said that, I did not the usual *G / alliances signboard at the entrance outside.

Comment

I was in this cafe on a Sunday afternoon. During my time there, there were only two others with me every so often.

Having said that, I did also venture to the SEN lounge and I left after some 10mins (just to tuck into some salad and meat loaf thingy). The capacity there was some 75-90% full.

Nevertheless, I will go find my solitude here in the cafe for my next visit.

Comment

Working...
                      X