X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA moves to LHR T1 this July

Just received this email from UA:
    Dear Mr. jjpb3,

On 4 July 2008, United's move to Terminal 1 at London Heathrow will be complete. The next time you transit London, you can look forward to an enhanced travel experience.

Terminal 1 highlights:
    • An improved Premier Lobby area, consistent with our other major airports around the world, that is closer to the pre-flight security checkpoint.
    • An exclusive check-in area for Global Services and United First customers.
    • New lounge facilities, including an Arrivals Lounge and a Star Alliance
    • Departure Lounge with distinct First Class and Business Class areas, offering more amenities and the latest business technology, including Wi-Fi access. Red Carpet Club members will continue to enjoy lounge access at the new Star Alliance Departure lounge.
    • Bright, spacious gate areas, providing a more relaxing experience before boarding.
    • Faster flight connections to our Star Alliance partners.
    • And so much more!

Thank you for choosing United.
    Looking forward to seeing how good the shared *A lounge is (except, of course, that I don't know exactly when I'd get to do that ). I wonder when LH, SK, TG will move over.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

NZ moves immediately. IIRC SK and AC too. Not sure about TG. SQ and LH stay in their current terminals for a while.

Comment

Sounds good. Hopefully Star Alliance will put some pictures of their lounge up when it opens.

Singapore Airlines moves to Terminal 1 in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post

Singapore Airlines moves to Terminal 1 in 2011.
        Correct. Contrary to what we were told on here...

TG not moving until 2010 at the earliest either according to them.

I went through T1 the other day. There is a lot of changes and building work going on at the moment.

Comment

What were we told?

Comment

What's going at T1? I saw some recent pictures of the tarmac being closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore_Air View Post
              What were we told?
              That SQ were moving to T1 this year.

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
              What's going at T1? I saw some recent pictures of the tarmac being closed.
              Dunno about the tarmac but there is quite a bit going on internally. The Flight Connections bit is all changing at the moment. I waltzed through going to T3 earlier this week. Let's hope it stays that way...particularly inbound as well...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                Dunno about the tarmac but there is quite a bit going on internally. The Flight Connections bit is all changing at the moment. I waltzed through going to T3 earlier this week. Let's hope it stays that way...particularly inbound as well...
                Yeah just a few minutes for me through FCC in April even at a busy time that normally takes an hour. Only issue was LX was unable to issue my boarding pass at transfer desk.

Comment

T1 is the terminal where BA used to be right? There is the BA Lounge near the Tumi store?

Comment

There is/was a BA lounge near the Tumi store for International T1.

For the domestic T1 section, there was another BA lounge but this has since closed. Only the BD Domestic one remains open.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      T1 is the terminal where BA used to be right? There is the BA Lounge near the Tumi store?
                      Yes - BA has moved out. BD (and SA) remains in T1. Not sure about EI etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X