[BKK] New SilverKris Lounge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BKK] New SilverKris Lounge

Writing to you from the new SilverKris lounge at Bangkok International.

First impressions:

A lounge with windows (Garden outlook)
    Very nicely appointed with comfortable seating
    Apple PC's - Very nice touch
    Staff very friendly & many of them (i suspect this is because it's only opened this week.
    Good drinks selection & good selection of Haagen Dazs Ice Cream !!
    Excellent wireless connection
    Good info screens
    Quiet (mostly because I think not many people know about it yet)

Downsides

Huge walk from immigration. Way past the Thai lounge I normally use
    No signage whatsoever. Difficult to find. All I have heardother passengers say in the lounge is how difficult it was to find!!
    No toilets in lounge. Short wlk away, but they are "heavy use" toilets in the public area. Not very clean.

Thanks HKG1 - is there an F sidewith proper (i.e. non "heavy use") toilets/showers? Will intend to check the lounge out, but it sounds like the TG lounge would be a better bet (if access still allowed for SQ F Pax?)

Comment

Originally posted by HKG1 View Post
      Downsides

Huge walk from immigration. Way past the Thai lounge I normally use
      No signage whatsoever. Difficult to find. All I have heardother passengers say in the lounge is how difficult it was to find!!
      No toilets in lounge. Short wlk away, but they are "heavy use" toilets in the public area. Not very clean.
      If I remembered correctly, at the old Don Muang Airport, both the Business and First Class lounge did not have toilet as well and we had to walk out to the public area. But it was quite near to Immigration. As for the new airport, may be better to stick to the TG lounge as it is near to Concourse D (where the SQ planes are docked) and it also have its own security checkpoint just after the lounge's exit.

Comment

Thanks SQuak

Comment

Well this is a pleasant surprise. Where exactly is it then, as in which concourse ?. As SQuak says, all the SQ birds dock at the D concourse, which is double handy as it's close to immigration. There was one at the low D gates when I landed a short while ago.

I'll have a look at this place tomorrow morning, if I can find it.

Comment

Further report would be great thanks MAN Flyer, esp. F side!

Comment

I wonder whose lounge SQ took over. Others in D concourse, IIRC, were JAL, Emirates, China Airlines, the extra Cathay lounge, and maybe one or two others. Did any of those close and get converted into the Silver Kris Lounge? EK and CI had the garden view.

I walked past practically all of the lounges in Concourse D on level 3 about a week ago, no inkling that an SKL was about to open there. So perhaps it will be someplace else. That could be pretty inconvenient.

Comment

According to a post on TOF, the new SKL is in Concourse A. That would make sense in terms of having a Garden view and being not too terribly far from SQ planes when they park at gates D2, D3, D4.

Comment

I was there 1 week ago and didn't even noticed any new construction going on. Well, I need to sample this one for sure since I am not too fond of the TG lounge and all its broken and virus infected computers. The only good about TG lounge is the nice toilets facility.

Comment

Originally posted by MegatopLover View Post
                    According to a post on TOF, the new SKL is in Concourse A. That would make sense in terms of having a Garden view and being not too terribly far from SQ planes when they park at gates D2, D3, D4.
                    To be honest, after I finished typing my report I left to get on my flight to SIN and it wasn't that far from the "D Gates" where SQ flights arrive and leave from.

I suppose I was frustrated more than anything else in the first instance, by nobody knowing where the lounge was. I only knew about it when I read the local newspaper in Bangkok on Tuesday. There is absolutely no signage whatsoever.

Anyway, enough whining. To those familiar with the main Thai lounge, the best way to describe where the SQ lounge is, is to turn left out of the Thai lounge where the First Class lounge is and turn left again at the next junction. Keep left and wander almost to a dead end and you will see a solitary ("cardboard cut out SQ girl) That's it!! Just down and opposite the new Bangkok Airways Premium lounge.

Otherwise, come out of Immigration, turn left, walk for an absolute eternity till you are almost at the end of the terminal building, go down one level using the escalators on the left.

From memory, there is a First class lounge at the same facility. Unfortunately, I didn't have time for a snoop.

Now I know where it is, I will definitely use it over the Thai lounge. The SQ lounge is much more intimate. The Thai lounge can be an absolute zoo when it is busy. Plus the place is beginning to look a bit tatty.

Enjoy

Comment

Comment

Singapore Airlines Officially Opens The Luxurious SilverKris Lounge At Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok

Singapore Airlines’ premium customers can now enjoy the luxurious facilities in the newly-opened SilverKris Lounge at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok.

The 313 square metre SilverKris Lounge has a capacity of 102 seats. It is located on Level 3 Concourse A, after the immigrations area.

The Lounge is designed in modern-contemporary style, with walls decorated in rich timber, with full–height fabric-laminated glass panels to enhance privacy. The high ceiling gives a sense of space, while full-length windows allow customers to enjoy tranquil views of the garden outside, as they relax in seats upholstered in nature-touch fabric or rich leather.

The SilverKris Lounge is equipped with 50-inch Plasma televisions, a small business area where passengers can catch up on work and a WiFi network for wireless Internet connection anywhere within the Lounge.

The Lounge was designed by Leo International Design Group Company Ltd from Bangkok, and construction was managed by Jim & Hall’s (Thailand) Company Ltd.

While waiting for their flight, customers can also read the latest newspapers and magazines, and sample a variety of delectable food, ranging from Singapore delicacies, assorted dim sums and sandwiches, a wide choice of sweet pastries, fruits and Haagen Dazs Ice Cream.

To complement the food, beverages such as wine, beer, liquor, fresh coconut juice, soft drinks, coffee and tea are served at the Lounge.

The SilverKris Lounge is open daily from 0515 to 2300 hours (except on Thursdays from 0515 to 1900 hours).

Comment

Greetings from the new SKL at Suvarnabhumi. This is very nice, although it's obviously quiet at the moment. I'm the only one here.

This is it's third day in operation apparently. I agree with HKG1, it's a nice place with lovely views of the outside world (why can't they all be like this...) and very friendly staff who seem rightly chuffed with the place. It's all one lounge with no split First and Raffles sides.

You'd never stumble across it if you weren't looking for it. Only a couple of cardboard SQ Girls holding a basket of Orchids give any indication where it is. As long as SQ continue to use the D gates then it won't be too far or long to get to the gate from here.

Comment

Looks quite nice from the 3 pictures.

Comment

Good. I will definitely use this one instead of the TG lounge next week when I am there again.

Comment

Working...
                              X