Having a long layover in Zurich? Hiking is an option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a long layover in Zurich? Hiking is an option

Sometimes when traveling via Zurich, I arrive early morning, and leaving late afternoon. Well, I just learn I can do hiking instead of wondering around the city. The train and bus system is very good. So it's easy to reach the destination.
    This time, I headed to Eglisau to start the hiking along Rhine River for about 2 hours and 30 minutes. And here are some of the scenery.

Comment

Moo moo

Comment

Comment

Barley

Wheat

Comment

Comment

Power Plant

Mary A Little Lamb

Comment

That's Germany.. across from the river

I can't go to the other end of the bridge. There is a border patrol.

Even at the train station, Kaiserstuhl, the direction to Germany is clearly marked.

Comment

Kaiserstuhl

Comment

From Kaiserstuhl, I took the bus to Bullach to catch the train back to ZRH. But the irony was the first train to arrive was ICE, the German train. No passport control. Headed back to Hauptbanhof, and change to the train to Zurich Airport.

Comment

Thanks for posting, SQ LPP! It looks very nice for a day out rather than stay in ZRH - perhaps combine that with lunch at a pub (or the Swiss equivalent) in a village ?

Comment

Wow, looks great! Thanks for the pics, SQ LPP!

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures. A hike in the countryside is an excellent idea! Did you see any big strong farmers?

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          Don't think I'd be having a lamb shank in a hurry. Sometimes I forget how cute and adorable they are.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                            Thanks for sharing your pretty pictures. A hike in the countryside is an excellent idea! Did you see any big strong farmers?
                            I think there are about almost 50 great hike/trail site around Zurich. Unfortunately, I did the hike on Sunday. So, all the farmers were hiding in their love nests.

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                            Don't think I'd be having a lamb shank in a hurry. Sometimes I forget how cute and adorable they are.
                            The cute thing about those mary a little lamb that I saw in Sqitzerland, they were all had the bell. Even the herd of cows have them. So, it's very soothing to hear the bells ringing while they were grassing. I remembered in Scotland as well as New Zealand, not all had bell around their necks.

Comment

Lovely! Thanks for sharing.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X