No announcement yet.

Leroy and Bubba go fly kites (golden ones, that is..) - MH J KUL-JNB-KUL return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leroy and Bubba go fly kites (golden ones, that is..) - MH J KUL-JNB-KUL return

Hello SQTalk.... just thought we'd write up a little trip report, since nobody really flies MH these days, and especially KUL-JNB. Can't really recall any aunty or uncle on SQTalk who has been on this route recently, so why not eh?

Will write this bit by bit over the next few days

Preface:
    Mummy always said she wanted to take us to see wild animals in South Africa, but didn't really know how to get there. It was only when a Savage beast told her a secret way to get there that she finally said we'd go. She booked us on MH201 - the one that goes all the way to EZE
    Last edited by Leroy and Bubba; 1 June 2008, 11:10 PM.

We started off at the Rimbun lounge where mummy and aunty P went to test the showers and the new lounge. It's nice, but mummy has already put some pics up, so we're not going to talk about that one.

We went across to the main satellite flagship lounge to relax a little before our flight.
    The Rimbun is nicer, newer and just that bit classier. The satellite flagship lounge is NOT the best MH has to offer anymore

Just snuggling up between bags before the flight

Pushback was 1/2 an hour late, because of one rather silly uncle who decided not to show up, and they had trouble finding his bag to offload. The captain was really really nice chap who made a nice lengthy announcement, and that he'd try to make up time - he suggested something like 10 hours 10 minutes flying time, and an arrival into JNB about 10 minutes late.

Upperdeck bulkhead legroom is good - ala 11ACHK on SQ.

Bubba trying to figure out the controls

They also gave out a rather basic kit by aigner:
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 1 June 2008, 11:15 PM.

Comment

By the time we got off the ground it was already 1.45am - so neither mummy nor Aunty P were hungry. They did get something from the menu for us to eat though:

Satay starter: Quite good this one

Tuna salad thingy

Really good garlic bread

Chicken breast

and Lambshank thingy

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy and Bubba View Post
        It was only when a Savage beast told her a secret way to get there that she finally said we'd go.
        How dare you insult my fiend?

Comment

of course... after all that food, we get sleepy, so mummy tucked us in whilst she wandered around the cabin

we thought we'd go sneak up and give aunty P a kiss first!

incidentally, she claims she got 6 1/2 hours solid sleep, and she reckons MH's J bed (ala TG and JL J) - is a better bed than the spacebed. Mummy tends to agree

again, we never seem to be able to get shut eye until we've mucked about with the IFE for a bit:

here's what their interface looks like somewhat:

Along with the "basic" airshow map, they've got a slightly more customizable "expert" one available too: Looks a bit like this:

Comment

more to come

Once mummy's feeling a little bit better and can help us with all this pic uploading and spelling malarkey

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              How dare you insult my fiend?
              your fiend?

Comment

Great to hear from you 2 fellas again!

Hmm... i found the JL J bed to be inferior to the Spacebeds. The angle of incline is similar, but the JL J bed is rock hard. Perhaps MH has more padding in their version.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I wish MH would hurry up and join an alliance. I want to try their service.

The satays make me salivate.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    your fiend?
                    Yep, a FFP Spoiling Fiend...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                      Man Flyer got it. Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

Comment

splendid report looking forward to pics from SA! have a great trip you four!
                          Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I had a little chuckle at this. @ That height, I think we should be in Space or something... *grin*
                            Life's A Bitch,
                            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

here's the next instalment:

Snooping around in the middle of the night

Seeing what's for breakkies

Hot tea in a rather generic looking mug

Just brightening up the cabin a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X