First A380 flight for me....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First A380 flight for me....

Took a flight back from London on the 31st May....

It was a fantastic experience, all thanks to the attentive stewardesses, two of them, who were ever smiling and ensuring that I am get what I need, and just before the flight touched down, one of them even came to me and asked if everything was fine and that I had some sleep etc etc.... good service, they deserve a pat on their backs.... too bad, I could not see them when disembarking, wanted to say thanks to them. I will send a feedback to SQ praising them.....

Anyways, at London, SQ flight check in at E Terminal 3, .....

Check in line for economy is long well of course with the increase number of passengers, so if you are a Business or Suite Class, PPS or Star Gold, you are more fortunate as the lines for those counters are normally empty...

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

London Heathrow is always busy and crowded, not my favorite airport, ....

Comment

Until I come to the SilverKris lounge, which at least provided some queit corner to me to wait in peace and have some view of the comings and goings of planes...

Model of the A380 in the Lounge

View from my seat in the lounge

Comment

Sat in the lounge until boarding call was made and by time I got to gate, boarding process already started, had no time to look at the plane, some quick shots before I got to my seat....

First impression is that this bird is HUGE.....

Comment

Business class seats are on the upper deck, in front, with some economy seats at the back, lower deck are the Suites, which I was not allowed into to snap some pictures. The bulk of the economy class seats are on the lower deck...

Business Class

Economy Upp Deck..

Down the steps in the back..

Economy Class Lower deck

Comment

Of course there is the dining experience, which again rises to the ocasion....

First they serve satay, with the drinks..... no Warm Nuts served on this flight...

After drinks service, the starter dish arrive, which is some prawn salad.....

I chose the roast duck with rice as my main course....

Dessert was ice cream with mango sago, which unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of.

The meal ended with a delicious cup of coffee, and again unfortunately, no smoking allowed, that would be perfect...

Comment

After dinner (or lunch if you are keeping London's time, I switch my watch to Singapore time on boarding, so it was dinner for me).... it was time for a short movie and some sleep before breakfast...

My impression is that this plane vibrate more then the 777ER, lying on the bed, I could feel footsteps even if no one is walking past the aisle..... is it me or is it the plane....

The sleep was interupted with announcements made about turbulent weather, fastening of seat belts.... anyways did get my 6 hours of sleep which I badly needed....

Comment

My sleep was interupted with a sweet voice calling..."Mr. kapitan... Mr. kapitan... good morning.." opened my eyes and what a sweet smiling face I saw... hmmm... too bad, I am taken...

Breakfast was served after having a super hot towel wipe..... and some juice to quench the thirst...

As usual, it was fruits to start the day, followed by cereal and yoghurt, juice, rolls...

For the main dish, I chose poached eggs....

Comment

The flight touched down Singapore on time... before landing, I took a shot of the lovely FA that served me, no not that sweet smiling face that woke me up, but the two of them, they are simply wonderful.....

Cheers, until the next flight....

Comment

Thanks for the TR, kapitan.
                    Looks like you enjoyed your flight.

Comment

Thanks for the report and pics kapitan! Hope to sample the A380 at some point on the same route (probably next year though,...and in Y!)

Comment

I have taken A380 this morning and this is my comment:

The takeoff and landing is very quiet and smooth. Nothing like the 77W, 774/3/2 that i have taken before.

I have requested seat 17K and 15K (on my way back 1 week later) just to see the difference.

Seat 17K - The TV screen is further away and slightly higher. So there is a need to tilt the screen downward for better view. You can hear the FAs chatting and walking in and out during meal times. There is 2 side drawers to store your hand luggage and i find it more convenient to retrieve my personal belonging. Since this a bulk head seat, leg room are plenty and you do not have to force your body to slant diagonally unlike the rest with "potholes"

Food (Both BTCs) -
                        Chilean bass is very fresh. I am not kidding... this is one of the best bass i had in recent memory.
                        Nasi Briyani is much better than the ones i have in mumbai top restaurant
                        or anywhere else.

Based on the BTCs i have tried so far, Lobster, Lamb and Nasi Briyani is my top fav dishes.

In summary, A380 is an experience i will never forget, perhaps until the dreamliner is ready and yes, i still think that 17A/C is the best, depending if you are a left or right sleeper.

Comment

Great Pic's.....maybe one day!

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                            My sleep was interupted with a sweet voice calling..."Mr. kapitan... Mr. kapitan... good morning.." opened my eyes and what a sweet smiling face I saw... hmmm... too bad, I am taken...
                            Ha ha ha - thanks for your TR.

Comment

LHR looks like a dump doesn't it, even with the SIA signage and billboards at checkin.

Comment

Working...
                              X