Air NZ Economy Class To/From US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air NZ Economy Class To/From US

Despite my best efforts in trying to plan a trip to the US and Canada ex ADL on SQ (ADL/SIN/LAX//YVR/SIN/ADL) plus a one-way flight LAX/YYC on AC or WJ, it seems that Mrs soak01 would now prefer to stopover in HNL on the return leg from YVR. Firstly beacause it avoids an overnight in SIN on the way and, secondly it cuts the flying time down.

Hence based on leaving in mid December and returning late January we are now looking at a fare (inc taxes) of about $AUD3500 each in "Y" on Air NZ flying:

ADL/AKL on A320
    AKL/LAX on 744 or 777
    LAX/YYC on CRJ (AC code-share)
    YVR/HNL on 767 (AC code-share)
    HNL/AKL on 767
    AKL/ADL on A320

Having only experienced the Singapore Girl in recent times is anyone able to tell me what Air NZ and Air Canada Economy is like. I also believe that the Air NZ 767's have not been refurbished so no PTV.

Isn't there a circle pacific fares in Y? Thus it will allow you to fly through south pacific and north pacific as well?

Comment

The AVOD install on NZ 767 is supposed to be complete by the time of your trip.

NZ economy is very good. I'd try to get 747 over 777 (extra 2" pitch ).

Didn't I give you this info already?

Comment

Thanks Kiwi.

If I have asked this before, please accept my apologies. With QF/UA definitely out, we have been struggling between SQ and NZ (i.e do we accept the longer flying time and have a stopover in SIN on the way back). We have even tossed up NZ Y+ now that Y+ is not available on SQ SIN/LAX but with 3 of us travelling it comes down to cost plus I believe that some of the 744 flights between AKL and LAX are being replaced with 777 which apparently has less leg room than than the 744.

Looking at it overall, I'm pretty sure that we will end up on NZ so I'll have to wait to fly SQ another time.

Do you know if I book through the NZ website whether I can pre-select seats in Y like you can on SQ or is it still a case of wait and see what you get at check-in.

Comment

In Y 747 has 34" pitch, 777 32" pitch (all with slimline seats).
          In Y+ pitch is roughly the same on both.

No online seat selection for international tickets with NZ (in any class of travel). But you can call them and make a request.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I forgot to mention Y+ seat width is narrower in 777 than 747.

Comment

Working...
              X