Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX new longhaul J seat unveiled

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/services...ness_seat.aspx

Quite an innovative layout. Some rows are 1-2-1 and some rows are 2-2-1. Not sure if there are 1-2-2 rows or not as well.

Comment

Also noticed that it's fully flat, but goes awfully close to the ground when the bed's deployed. Storage cubby holes and areas seem quite well thought out too.

Comment

Very nice - some of those solo seats are almost F standard!
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Such boring colours. Why not bright lime green ?

Comment

looks nice
            You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

I have seen this type of J layout somewhere online before. Was it DL?

Comment

DL B767-400 Business seat pic here:
                http://news.delta.com/article_displa...ticle_id=10962

Comment

A bit box like but nevertheless a new product. Any ideas as to the routes?

Comment

but what I really don't understand, LX belongs to LH right. WHy would they improve the C-seat of LX while the LH seat is like way behind all competitors, and after a statement of a LH spokesman they are not gonna renew the C-class before 2011
                    You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

I wonder why they went with the 2-2-1/1-2-1 layout. They could have squeezed in more seats with 2-1-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                        I wonder why they went with the 2-2-1/1-2-1 layout. They could have squeezed in more seats with 2-1-2.
                        I think the premise works because of the offset. No one actually sits directly behind another person.

Comment

No routes yet but the rollout doesn't begin till Spring '09

http://www.swiss.com/web/EN/about_sw..._20080521.aspx

Work will begin next spring on installing the new SWISS Business Seat throughout the SWISS long-haul fleet. The new Airbus A330-300s which will join the fleet from 2009 onwards will all feature the new seats. In addition to the innovative new seating concept, their entire interior will be consistently aligned to customer needs. The Airbus A340s, the biggest aircraft in the SWISS fleet, will also be equipped with the new SWISS Business Seat. Under the current schedule, around one-third of the SWISS long-haul fleet should be fitted with the new SWISS Business cabin in 2009. A large proportion of the fleet will be refurbished in 2010; and all SWISS Business customers should be enjoying a truly excellent inflight seating and sleeping experience on all SWISS long-haul flights by 2011.

Looks like my favourite European airline has just gone better

Comment

Wow, 2 meter long bed does sound impressive to me.
                            We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              I think the premise works because of the offset. No one actually sits directly behind another person.
                              Yeah. Just realised that they cant do 2-1-2 as the cabin width is too narrow. DL's doing theirs 1-2-1 with their 764ERs.

Even numbered A seats are the best. 2 large arm rests and no one next to you.

Last edited by Nick C; 22 May 2008, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X