Changes in FRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in FRA

Just connecting in FRA today. And remember, the past discussions might not be applicable anymore.
    LH has used Terminal C, especially Gate C14, C15 and C16 which are A380 capable. Terminal 3 has been renovated. But SQ26 to JFK still departs from C8.
    There are security checks for reaching the new area for LH. It has duty free shops and other shops in that secure area.
    Business Lounge and Senator Lounge are spanking brand new, but unfortunately, no dedicated First Class lounge.
    The idea of the lounge is to reduce congestion at the gate. Thus at the lounge, when the boarding started, the pax in the lounge will have separate exit door to go directly to the gate or entrance of the jetway.

It's not possible for SQ 26 pax to use the new LH lounges, because of the security which is designed for US destination. Today's LH flights were to San Francisco, New York JFK and Houston in the mid-morning.

Note: will post limited pictures later when I don't do my adult stuff.

Today, I arrived from ZRH. It was a remote gate. Thus, the bus took us to the Terminal B area. Went up the escalator, and followed the sight to go to Gate C15.

Passing through the area where last year, nickbot and I stayed over night at FRA. No more chairs or loungers, but became a security check area. Since I am heading to Terminal C, or the SkyTrain station, no need to go through security check. Just pass through from the side.
    After passing the station, I turn right, and now the lounger seaters were there along the wall. This led to the Red Carpet Club. Went down the escalator, and somewhere soon afterwards, the hallway split into two: one to the right goes for Gates C1 to 10. Thus the pax SQ 26 flight which was at C8 turned right. I went straight ahead with this new different hallway than I remembered from two months ago.

This is really a very long walk I must say. Good exercise for me to loose weight.

As you can see from the picture above, after the bend to the right, there will be the security check area. The staff definitely are not from the same company as the one in Terminal B. Well, from the uniform of the ushers. The priority lane for F and C pax were moving quickly, but as usual, I got picked for the explosive checking. The guy walked with me to the podium where the visa and documents were checked for the US destination. After going through there, there were rooms where the swap of electronic devices happened.

I went to the right of these room, and following the sign for First Class Lounge. But it is really confusing because actually the two lounges opened were for Business Lounge and Senator Lounge. And both are for First Class as well.

Comment

I decided to stop by at the SENATOR Lounge. As you can see, there is only one escalator up. So, if you decide to go back down, you have to carry your carryon going down the stairs. Basically the idea for this Senator Lounge is a place to wait and once boarding announced, pax can follow the sign in the lounge whether to go to C14 - 15 or C16. The door will take the pax down the escalator towards the entry of the jetway. Unfortunately, I decided not to wait for the announcement. Yes, the lounge was pretty full, and nothing to enjoy. The Senator Lounge in Terminal B seems to have better snacks selection.

Comment

Comment

Comment

View from the Lounge towards Gate C15:

View from seat 84K towards Gate C16. The airbridge should be for A380.

Gate C14:

Comment

I was waiting at the Gate after leaving the Senator Lounge. The sign only says Economy Class. There was only one F pax who came in from FCT. The driver and him had to wait behind the desk. Can not go boarding yet.

Anyhow, if your LH flight departs from these three gates in Terminal C, beware. If you are in F, the FCT is a way to go to wait for your flight. Even the FCL in Terminal B is still better than waiting here at Senator Lounge.
              The walk will be quite a distance.

Comment

Thanks for the observations and photos SQ LPP - As you know, mrs nickbot and I have circa 8 hours at FRA next month (plenty of time for long walks!), so the information is very useful

Comment

Well, you are better off being at First Class Terminal. Thus, no need to worry about which gate the flight will depart.

When I was at ZRH and got the BP for FRA-SFO showing Gate C15, I got confused. But once we landed at FRA, since LX flight had to be parked remotely near those BA flights... I saw three LH 744 at Gate C14, C15 and C16. Also SQ at C8 and US as well as UA near there. I was surprised as well to see one UA 744 was parked at Terminal A. So, FRA is really changing now.

Comment

We were thinking of sampling the F lounge in the terminal for a little while after arriving (09:00 ish) and checking out the shops before heading over to the FCT about lunchtime, in advance of our departure at 17:45 - do you think this sounds like a good plan?

Comment

Should be good..
                      You should visit the FCL at Terminal A since it is in Schengen area as you arrive from ARN.
                      I am not so sure though whether you can go to the International area for Terminal A and B then going back out again to Schengen for FCT. It's possible, but not sure whether the immigration officer will hassle you or not.

Comment

Thanks for the tips Maybe they'll think it a little strange we want to go between two terminals and hassle us as you say. SQflyergirl and KeithMEL suggested the plan of sampling the FCL and shopping before FCT because once you're in the FCT you can't leave (apart from by chauffeur then plane of course )

Comment

Yes. Once you are in FCT, you can not go out and go shopping. But still, I am not so sure what are you looking for? The shops at the Terminal B or A before the security are much more interesting. Well, there is a dot dot dot kino as well...
                          BTW, I have the price booklet for duty free shop at FRA. If you want to know certain prices, I can check it up for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Yes. Once you are in FCT, you can not go out and go shopping. But still, I am not so sure what are you looking for? The shops at the Terminal B or A before the security are much more interesting. Well, there is a dot dot dot kino as well...
                            I'm always keen on more "interesting" shops When you say before security, do you mean before as in landside Germany, or airside? Do you mean Beate Uhse or similar?

Originally posted by SQ LPP
                            BTW, I have the price booklet for duty free shop at FRA. If you want to know certain prices, I can check it up for you.
                            Thanks No specific shopping required really, I just like looking at the shops! Maybe some Bison Grass vodka (Zubrowka), but then I have to lug it round on our travels for the following 2 weeks!

Comment

Thanks for the great pics SQ LPP

Comment

Working...
                              X