Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting time in HKT.

Hi everyone.
    At the end of May i'll travel on MH from HKT to KUL. I'll reach HKT from BKK flying TG C.
    Flight from HKT leaves at 7.35 pm. So the question is, which flight would you consider to fly from BKK to get the connection?

1st option:
    BKK 1410
    HKT 1530

2nd option
    BKK 1600
    HKT 1720

The first is operated with AB6 that i really don't like. The latter is a 772 flight but connecting time is reduced.
    What would u do?
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

HKT is a small airport and I didn't encounter any long waits for my luggage nor check-in/security for my MH flight.

The 2nd option seems fine except for the risk of delays to your TG flight. I flew the same route on TG recently and my flight was delayed for hours and hours.

Comment

I'm doing the same flights on the 22nd. I'm taking option 1, which at least is a A330 that day. I don't want to risk taking option 2, which is a nice 744 that day.

Comment

I would got for the earlier flight. You don't want to miss that connection at KUL...

It may also be worth noting that HKT is one of the routes that gets a lot of equipment swaps. Last time I was flying HKT-BKK our AB6 was swapped for one of the new 772ER's. The only time an equipment swap by TG has benefitted me.

Comment

My 1410 flight from Bangkok was delayed about half an hour due to a non-functioning APU. The 1600 flight arrived on time - I can see it parked outside from the TG lounge.

My priority-tagged bag was among the first few off. I'd say it takes another 5 min to go upstairs and check in for the MH flight, which incidentally doesn't open for checkin till nearly 5.30pm. I spent the time outside catching up with a couple of friends I ran into on the BKK-HKT flight.

Comment

Working...
          X