SK: MD-82 vs 736 in J and Y?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SK: MD-82 vs 736 in J and Y?

Could anybody who's ridden both comment on which would be better seat wise between the 737-600 and MD-82 in both J and Y class. I have a choice of both, and also tossing up between J and Y (not likely to go Economy Plus though, since the fare diff to J is not very big), so I either splurge all the way or skimp completely.

Edit: Unbeknownst to me at the time... this is SQTalk's 55555th post

I like the MD82's up front. Maybe because there aren't too many flying around here and I don't fly them that often. With the rear engines it's like being on the Fat Fella in that you start moving without hearing the engine power increase.

Comment

In J, I prefer the MD82 seats as well. IIRC,I think I actually preferred the two-seat side of the plane (I'm an aisle seat person) because there's a pretty good chance you won't have a seatmate (in which case you can move over to the window seat).
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. So if in the front, go Mad dog, if in the rear, go boeing?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          Thanks for the tips guys. So if in the front, go Mad dog, if in the rear, go boeing?
          Nah, just go Mad Dog anyway. Those poxy 737's are ten-a-penny.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Nah, just go Mad Dog anyway. Those poxy 737's are ten-a-penny.
            So are the tickets in discount economy, judging from the crush in the back cabin. I prefer the Boeing when I get stuck with a non-flexible economy ticket.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
              So are the tickets in discount economy, judging from the crush in the back cabin.
              Too true ...mrs nickbot and I booked a one way LHR-ARN in discount economy for, IIRC, around £22 each plus tax.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                Too true ...mrs nickbot and I booked a one way LHR-ARN in discount economy for, IIRC, around £22 each plus tax.
                And remember, all those miles you earn!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  And remember, all those miles you earn!
                  Not sure the fare we have is mileage accruable, but yes, the 911 BD miles (according to Great Circle Mapper) will be a help in the right direction

EDIT According to BD's site, "L" fares earn a whopping 0.25 x mileage, so I can look forward to around 227 miles woo-hoo! ...always knew this trip would be more about the burning than the earning though
                  Last edited by nickbot; 14 May 2008, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I have a choice of both
                    Well, turns out I was so fickle I'll end up on BOTH the Mad Dog and the Baby Boeing......

Got 1A on 2 Mad Dog legs,
                    and 1D and F for aunty P and myself on the 736 legs.

Are those good seats?

Comment

and 1D and F for aunty P and myself on the 736 legs.

Are those good seats?
                      I have a similar query to SQFG.

I've booked my friend and I on an SK 736 flight and we've allocated 2A and C. Are we correct in assuming that there'd be heaps of legroom for 2A and C as there's no 1A/C?

Or are we better of in 1D and F?

Don't worry SQFG I won't be competing with you for seats as I'm 99% sure it's a different flight.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                      X