Originally posted by Nick C View Post
    What's good for ex-SYD in J?
    Not the barramundi, from my experience.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      How about this?

Seafood Thermidor with buttered asparagus, slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato, and saffron rice

Comment

How about this?

Seafood Thermidor with buttered asparagus, slow-roasted vine-ripened tomato, and saffron rice
        I haven't tried that ex-SYD, only ex-LHR and ex-SIN. I wasn't particularly impressed on either occasion.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I haven't tried that ex-SYD, only ex-LHR and ex-SIN. I wasn't particularly impressed on either occasion.
          Agree with jjpb3.

IMHO, the ingredients should not overpower the dish but that's what the thermidor does. Having said that, some pax do like it.

Comment

Once upon a time when I could eat shellfish, I quite enjoyed the "slipper lobster thermidor" ex-SIN. Though not as much cheese as I'd have liked and a bit on the small side, it was pretty good as far as a plane meal goes. Is the "seafood thermidor" ex SYD the same thing?
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I'm flying on SQ231 come July and they will be serving dinner & continental breakfast. Am I able to order the slipper lobster thermidor for dinner and my favourite BTC nasi briyani for breakfast?

Comment

Totally Agree the barramundi is

Comment

How about this?

I won't go for this. Seafood Thermidor ex-SYD is more like a seafood chowder.

If I were you, I would go for the lamb.

Comment

I'm flying on SQ231 come July and they will be serving dinner & continental breakfast. Am I able to order the slipper lobster thermidor for dinner and my favourite BTC nasi briyani for breakfast?
                    SQ231 is ex-SIN and only serves 1 meal which is either supper or breakfast. You will have a chance to eat your meal as supper or towards the end of your flight as breakfast.

Maybe you are referring to SQ 221 which does serve dinner and continental breakfast. I haven't tried to change my BTC to a different meal before but I heard it is quite possible to move your BTC to the 2nd meal. However, you may not be able to do it here since you can't usually BTC continental breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      I won't go for this. Seafood Thermidor ex-SYD is more like a seafood chowder.

If I were you, I would go for the lamb.
                      Did that

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      SQ231 is ex-SIN and only serves 1 meal which is either supper or breakfast. You will have a chance to eat your meal as supper or towards the end of your flight as breakfast.

Maybe you are referring to SQ 221 which does serve dinner and continental breakfast. I haven't tried to change my BTC to a different meal before but I heard it is quite possible to move your BTC to the 2nd meal. However, you may not be able to do it here since you can't usually BTC continental breakfast.
                      Thanks. I did BTC this afternoon on the phone, I could only do one BTC on SQ221.

Comment

Working...
                      X