Air France SGN-CDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air France SGN-CDG

Air France is a pretty good airline, about on par with Lufthansa I reckon, and since it's seldom mentioned on SQTalk, I thought I'd do a TR on AF here.
    I had the pleasure recently to fly on AF in J SGN-CDG with a stop in BKK.

Check-in : was quite efficient and smooth, no queue at all at J counter.

Lounge : AF uses a generic lounge (Daisy Lounge IIRC) - it was quite spacious, and decent food and drinks (interesting looking noodles but I didn't try them).

Boarding : there was priority boarding, which was lightly enforced.

Seat :

My seat was 7H on the A340-300. The J arrangement is 2-2-2 which makes it quite spacious. (note that SIN-CDG is on a B777-300ER with 2-3-2 in J).
    Row 7 is in its own separate mini-cabin just in front of the Y section. This may bring more noise from the Y cabin, but thankfully I didn't encounter that; but pax/crew traffic through here was quite, though it didn't bother me.

Legroom/space/storage was excellent in this row, and the window seat has FOUR windows for your exclusive use. The legroom is so good cos there is no seat/capsule in front of you, which restricts the foot space especially.
    Overall, comparable to a bulkhead SQ SpaceBed in space and comfort.

IFE : mediocre, with only a small selection of AVOD programs. Screen resolution was average, size about 9".

Food :
    SGN-BKK : decent pasta meal.

There was a one-hour plus stopover in BKK, strangely us transit pax weren't asker to get off and do the silly BKK transit, so we stayed on the aircraft and watched the change of crew, the cleaning etc.

BKK-CDG : flight departed about 11pm, but there was a full meal service :

Starter : nice jamon. The asparagus was delicious too.

Main course : Lamb - quite average. Loved the spinach though. Good selection of pastries too, and I think their croissants are great.

Good variety of desserts too.
    To be continued........
    J. my own dear wife J.

I think SQ's 77Ws are 1-2-1, not 2-3-2...

Comment

Originally posted by sporadic View Post
      I think SQ's 77Ws are 1-2-1, not 2-3-2...
      I think upright man was referring to AF's 77W.

Anyway, great report so far. Looking forward to the rest of it.
      zxcvbn

Comment

I like their Evian cleanser (the white one on the left) - just squirt some on a face pad for a quick wipe of the face for cleansing and moisturising - beats using soap and water and struggling to wash at the small sink.
        I've tried to look to buy this Evian stuff, but can't find any anywhere. Anyway, I have a few 'sample' bottles, in case someone is interested.

The refreshment section next to the galley, looking a mess after a long flight.

Breakfast next morning : French toast, which was mediocre.

Overall service from the crew was quite efficient and courteous, as good as LH's as I've said.

The flight was comfortable and on time, and a pleasant one in every aspect. Landed just before 7am.

Arrival at CDG : long walk from the gate (usual for CDG I think?) at terminal
        2E; the bags arrived surprising promptly, but immigration lines were horrendous for Y pax, but J pax got a special 'No.1 access' pass with a delightfully short queue.

My first visit to Paris ! Can't believe I've never been before !
        The Eiffel Tower is beautiful - imagine what it was like in 1889 when it was built for the Paris World Expo - the people, the buildings..........if only we could travel back in time to experience that !
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
          I think upright man was referring to AF's 77W.
          Yes, I was referring to AF 77W's of course.
          (Which of us doesn't know that SQ's 77W's are 1-2-1).

AF's 77W has 8 F seats in 1-2-1, and numerous J seats in 2-3-2 config - that makes the J experience much less exclusive than the A343 one I had.
          (Hint : in the AF 77W J, choose the bulkhead seats in 6E or G for excellent space, or the mini-cabin in front (rows 3 to 5 I think).
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Thanks for the informative report and great pics, upright man.

Nice shot of the Eiffel Tower!
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Great report thanks upright man - hope you managed to see a little of Paris and weren't too occupied with work

Comment

Thanks for the TR, upright man!

Comment

thanks for posting, upright man.

Comment

An intriguing trip reportUpright Man!

Comment

Merci, upright man. I hope you enjoyed your first time in Paris.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Great TR! Food looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          Merci, upright man. I hope you enjoyed your first time in Paris.
                          Yes, I liked Paris, spent 2 hours plus in the Louvre too, but it was very crowded, and a lot of walking involved. Still prefer the British Museum !
                          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Seems like the armrest do not go down as well in the bed-mode. Is that right? Did it feel tight at the shoulders?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Thanks for sharing

Seems like the armrest do not go down as well in the bed-mode. Is that right? Did it feel tight at the shoulders?
                              No, the armrests don't move at all - so it's narrower than the SQ Spacebed, but the shoulder room was fine for me, whether lying supine or sideways.
                              It's the slope that bothered me a bit - kept sliding downward (no footrest panel to stop your sliding), not enough support at the calves/feet too.

But overall, I'd rate this seat almost as good as the SQ Spacebed.
                              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                              X