Celebrate Christmas with Singapore Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrate Christmas with Singapore Airlines

This December, Singapore Airlines is decking its cabins with boughs of holly, bringing out the roast turkey and playing holiday favourites to spread the Christmas cheer.

Throughout this month, Krisworld, the Airline’s award winning inflight entertainment system, is featuring a Christmas-themed selection: from all time favourite Christmas carols, performed in a variety of music genres on the music channels, to silver screen classics like It’s a Wonderful Life and White Christmas, and side-splitting holiday episodes of The Office: American Workspace.

As an extra December treat, Singapore Airlines will also be screening a special selection of Oscar-winning Best Pictures of the past ten years including Crash (winner in 2005), Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003), American Beauty (1999), Titanic (1997) and The English Patient (1996).

More festive favourites await customers who fly with Singapore Airlines on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas staples are given a contemporary touch by the Airline’s International Culinary Panel of world-renowned chefs.

First and Business Class customers can whet their appetite on chestnut-stuffed roast turkey, layered with truffle gravy and cranberry-kumquat compote.

While Economy Class customers are treated to roast turkey with chestnut stuffing and spiced sweet potatoes. Christmas log cake and plum pudding complete the feast on a sweet note.

So revel in the Yuletide festivities, even if you are thousand of miles away from home, and embrace the spirit of Christmas with Singapore Airlines.

Note: From SQ Press Release

Ooh la la! I am drooling already!!

I'm going to call my travel agent and be on a flt during those few days!!

NB The turkey sits on the new F serviceware

Bon Appetit et joyeux Noel!
    Last edited by mec; 16 December 2006, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire
      [SIZE="4"][FONT="Georgia"]...and side-splitting holiday episodes of The Office: American Workspace.
      Good to see this is back. But I'm more curious about the plural form of episodes for The Office. They've only had two Christmas eps released so far (and one only appeared on NBC some 18 hours ago).

Whatever. Glad to see The Office (Christmas Party) is on SQ. If you're on a flight soon, I highly recommend watching it. Hands down one of the best comedy series on TV today (well here in the US).

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
        Good to see this is back. But I'm more curious about the plural form of episodes for The Office. They've only had two Christmas eps released so far (and one only appeared on NBC some 18 hours ago).

Whatever. Glad to see The Office (Christmas Party) is on SQ. If you're on a flight soon, I highly recommend watching it. Hands down one of the best comedy series on TV today (well here in the US).
        I like The Office too. Have you seen the original (British) version? I think that is even funnier.

Comment

Originally posted by MovieMan
          I like The Office too. Have you seen the original (British) version? I think that is even funnier.
          I'm going to watch it eventually, but not until the US version ends. I don't want to start comparing. BTW, I love seeing how the UK Office actors are getting their feet into US gigs - Ricky Gervais (David) and Lucy Davis (Dawn) are appearing everywhere.

But I think Pam is far cuter.

Anywho, nothing better than watching The Office while eating Christmas food on SQ. That's a triple-whammy!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
            This December, Singapore Airlines is decking its cabins with boughs of holly, bringing out the roast turkey and playing holiday favourites to spread the Christmas cheer.

Throughout this month, Krisworld, the Airline’s award winning inflight entertainment system, is featuring a Christmas-themed selection: from all time favourite Christmas carols, performed in a variety of music genres on the music channels, to silver screen classics like It’s a Wonderful Life and White Christmas, and side-splitting holiday episodes of The Office: American Workspace.

As an extra December treat, Singapore Airlines will also be screening a special selection of Oscar-winning Best Pictures of the past ten years including Crash (winner in 2005), Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (2003), American Beauty (1999), Titanic (1997) and The English Patient (1996).

More festive favourites await customers who fly with Singapore Airlines on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Christmas staples are given a contemporary touch by the Airline’s International Culinary Panel of world-renowned chefs.

First and Business Class customers can whet their appetite on chestnut-stuffed roast turkey, layered with truffle gravy and cranberry-kumquat compote.

While Economy Class customers are treated to roast turkey with chestnut stuffing and spiced sweet potatoes. Christmas log cake and plum pudding complete the feast on a sweet note.

So revel in the Yuletide festivities, even if you are thousand of miles away from home, and embrace the spirit of Christmas with Singapore Airlines.

Note: From SQ Press Release
            Wow , SIA is really getting into the holiday spirit

Kudos and congrats to SQ
            "Singapore Girl, You're A Great Way To Fly"

-Singapore Airlines

Comment

I'm going to watch it eventually, but not until the US version ends. I don't want to start comparing.
              Definitely the right way round I think. I tried to watch the US version after seeing the UK one but just could not as I was always thinking why did they make this it adds nothing over the original UK version.

Comment

I saw that episode on SQ334 Dec 5th but I was not impressed and stopped watching after half an hour. Not my kind of humor I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                  I saw that episode on SQ334 Dec 5th but I was not impressed and stopped watching after half an hour. Not my kind of humor I guess.
                  Would you rather have Desperate Housewives on board instead?

Comment

I saw the US version of Coupling another of my favoute UK comedies but it was just awful. I guess it shows just why they have to produce there own versions we obviously have very different senses of humour.

At least BBC prime is showing the original UK version here

Comment

The US versions of Coupling and The Office are just sad, sad versions of the originals.

Comment

Coupling was just a terrible, terrible show. I can't say about the British version, but I'm really liking the American version of The Office. I've heard that it's taken a life of its own over the British (not sure what that means).

I love Pam.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                          The US versions of Coupling and The Office are just sad, sad versions of the originals.
                          I actually like The Office US version better than the UK one. As was commented somewhere: it is "painfully funny".

Comment

I also like "How I Met Your Mother", also on KrisWorld now (IIRC).
                            I ended up buying its first season DVD the last time I was in HKG after watching one episode on SQ.

Comment

Christmas 2008

LIVE IT UP THIS CHRISTMAS
                              WITH SINGAPORE AIRLINES

Come celebrate the yuletide season 30,000 feet in the air as Singapore Airlines whips up a festive treat, decks its cabin with Christmas poinsettias and presents you with a sleighful of exciting entertainment options!

Fly with Singapore Airlines on selected flights on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and you can partake in a specially created Christmas menu available in all classes. Featured on the menu will be traditional favourites, including roast turkey with chestnut stuffing and cranberry sauce as well as a Christmas logcake.

Suites and First Class customers can whet their appetite on selections including delicious pumpkin soup with sautéed mushrooms and crème fraîche and warm Christmas pudding with ice-cream.

Comment

Working...
                              X