Lounge dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounge dilemma

I have one more question about SQ lounge access in SIN.

Scenario. 3 persons (me, my Mom and my Dad) are flying EWR-SIN-MLE, and our transit via SIN is connection and not a stopover.

The 3 of us are flying Biz Class (all Biz class flight) on EWR-SIN, but only 2 of us are in Biz Class on SIN-MLE, while my Dad is in Coach.

We would like to use the Silver Kris Lounge in either T2 or T3, which does not allow Star Gold, even though the 3 of us are Star Alliance Gold Members with US Airways. Does the Silver Kris Lounge in T2 or T3 allow a guest that is flying economy? Will they let my Dad in as a guest and based on the fact that he is immediate family and coming in on a Biz Class ticket? Do SKL T2 and T3 lounges offer day passes? I thought I read somewhere on here that you can have a guest do the SKL in SIN. Does anyone have a link to exact SQ rules and policies?

Thanks.

You should not have any problems guesting your father into the SKL.

Comment

The OP might have a problem if the lounge agents were to strictly exercise the rules of SKL SIN access with regard to his dad's access.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
        The OP might have a problem if the lounge agents were to strictly exercise the rules of SKL SIN access with regard to his dad's access.
        Agreed, according to the letter of the law.

But I think the OP has two good opportunities to have things work out well.

First, if an entering group shows two valid Business Class boarding passes at the SKL entrance, it is quite possible that they will not ask to see the BP for the 3rd person.

Second, if they do ask, I think a polite request to allow the Y pax in is not likely to be refused - given his two J class companions and his own arrival in J.

Comment

Working...
        X