Transit Hotel Terminal 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transit Hotel Terminal 3

Looking at the transit hotel webite, it looks like T3 now has its own Transit Hotel. Does anyone know what the rooms are like for 3 people and if I am better to overnight at the new Crowne Plaza or a downtown hotel.

The main reason for considering the Transit Hotel is to avoid clearing customs for an approx 12hr stopover (arriving approx 1800hrs and departing 0900hrs).

Also is there anywhere in the airport which serves western style breakfasts?

I belive 3 people room has one single and one double.

Comment

I booked it for about 60 bucks for this July, single occupancy. Landing at 1am, leaving the same day at 9am. Will endeavour to wake up early to check out T3 SKL.

The CP wanted SGD350, umm - no thanks!

With your transit times however, I think you're better off spending some quality time in the city as you've more than enough time. Plenty of good value city hotels, and definitely far more interesting having a delicious dinner at a nice local resto in the city, and a short stroll around prior to bed.
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 April 2008, 05:50 PM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

With arriving 1800 and leaving 0900 next day, you are better off to go to the city for an overnight stay. Spending 15 hours inside transit hotel will be very unappealing.

Comment

I had the luck in getting a room at T3 Transit Hotel. It's miles better than the ones in T1 or T2 as I recalled. Here are some pictures.

Comment

Can highly recommend the transit hotel. Very clean, bright (although no window) and perfect for a transit nap / freshening up.

If it's the T3 transit hotel then I wouldn't feel the need to pay for the Crowne Plaza. But I did not like T2 as much...

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
              ... and perfect for a transit nap / freshening up.
              Just a nap and freshening up? Hmm old age does make a difference. I had a very good night sleep in that T3 transit hotel. It was about 5 hours sleep and it was enough for me to get refreshed the next early 6am morning.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't consider anything below 8h as "sleep" So unless I am sleeping from 11pm to 7am, for example, it will only be a "nap"

Comment

Yeah, I stayed at the transit hotel at Terminal 3 in September 2008. I believe it was called Ambassodor transit hotel. It was slightly less that $60 (singapore currency). I arrived after 1:00am by SQ11, then took SQ219 around 9:30am to Sydney. I crashed for 4hrs, which was more than enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X