Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lounge in JFK

I used the Oasis lounge in the end
    Last edited by EWR; 1 May 2008, 08:20 AM.

I just got back last month from New York. Took SQ25 for the first time and used the Oasis lounge too. I liked it.

Comfortable seats, not as crowded as EWR's SAS lounge I use before catching SQ21.

It is long and rectangular in shape and consists 4 areas (from left to right as you enter the lounge): computer room, TV room, buffet and library/drawing room. All areas have beautiful runway views.

At the far right are the restrooms and shower facilities.

Food is OK. What I don't understand is the number of SQTalkers who eat a lot in lounges. I don't want to spoil my appetite for the in flight food! Unless I plan to skip the meal and sleep ( usually red eye flights)

Downside is that the lounge is before security, and I had to compete with passengers on 2 Air India flights to LHR and Mumbai. A real scrum!

Comment

hmm i'll take SQ25 out of JFK myself in late august. why did you use the Oasis lounge and not the SWISS lounge? i heard it was quite good and i considered using it myself ... but if the Oasis lounge is better ...
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I am not really a lounge person but felt compelled at JFK Terminal 4 because I had time to kill (3 hours) and it was such a madhouse in the public areas. Oasis was fine though more seasoned travelers may disagree.

Asian airports I frequent are much more modern and spacious and I'm happy to browse the shops, or find a cafe a "people watch". Don't go to lounge at all when traveling in Asia!

Comment

Working...
        X