IC Properties in Hong Kong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC Properties in Hong Kong

Does anyone have experience of the two Intercontinentals in Hong Kong?

They are listed as:

"Hong Kong, 18 SALISBURY RD TSIMSHATSUI KOWLOON"

and

"Grand Stanford Hong Kong, 70 MODY RD, TSIMSHATSUI E. KOWLOON"

We have never visited HKG before, and are only just starting to research the place, so any tips would be most appreciated

Yes KeithMEL/phaleesy, there's also a Holiday Inn Express

The first one is the one you're looking for. It has great views of the Hong Kong skyline/Victoria Harbour at the lobby lounge. The Grand Stanford is really more like a 4-star property.

There's also a Crowne Plaza opening soon

Comment

Originally posted by kchika View Post
      ...The first one is the one you're looking for...
      Thanks for your help kchika, after looking at room rates at both properties I got a shock with the IC Hong Kong (1st property, as you suggest) which costs £535.90 for two nights in a harbour view room

Have thus opted for the second IC property, which is significantly cheaper. In reviews it does seem somewhat overshadowed by the other IC, but I just can't justify the above rate!

Comment

What about the Holiday Inn at Golden Mile ? Reviews are not too bad and its located right at Nathan Road and is way nearer to the subway than the IC Grand.

Comment

Thanks Jubilee777, we certainly looked at the HI Golden Mile, but the IC Grand Stanford won over (slightly anaesthetised now by wine with dinner, so can't recall the exact decision criteria ). Have booked a harbour view club room on an advance purchase rate, so we're sealed into the booking.

Comment

*hands out smelling salts to nickbot* I've actually stayed at that HIX on a one night layover and I actually quite liked it. It's more convenient to Lan Kwai Fong/SoHo and WanChai than either of the SPGs. Plus huge shopping mall nearby. I also try to stay on HK Island whenever I can - Kowloon seems, uh, dirty (PM or msn if you want a more un-PC description ). And for the cheap and cheerful price, it's pretty good value when one doesn't need the Starpoints.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Stayed at the IC Grand 2 months ago location is a bit out of the way.

HI is in a better location. Still enjoy HK!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                *hands out smelling salts to nickbot* I've actually stayed at that HIX on a one night layover and I actually quite liked it.
                ...nickbot slowly climbs to his feet after collapsing on the floor...

You,...stay at a HIX KeithMEL ??!?!? Now I am impressed - surely it's not "happening" enough for you?

Thanks for your comments fumitani - ah well, suppose I've booked the IC now (non refundable rate). Will be sure to report on it in the forum to assist others pondering the same decision

Comment

The first one is located in a better location in HK, nearer to central TST.
                  Second one is a bit off, but somehow I prefer this over the other.

Holiday Inn is along Nathan Road, Holiday Inn Express is opposite Times Square in Causeway Bay, and Crowne Plaza is being built near Times Square as well.
                  zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                    You,...stay at a HIX KeithMEL ??!?!? Now I am impressed - surely it's not "happening" enough for you?
                    The location is.
                    I'm of course v much looking forward to the W Hong Kong despite its location.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I don't know if you'll be staying over the weekend, but if you do, and you are not already IC Ambassador, it might be worth to purchase ambassador status at US$150.
                      You'll get one category upgrade, BOGO weekend cert and 5000 PC pts as well.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        I'm of course v much looking forward to the W Hong Kong despite its location.
                        Forget about the advanced degree and join W's marketing department!
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                          I don't know if you'll be staying over the weekend, but if you do, and you are not already IC Ambassador, it might be worth to purchase ambassador status at US$150.
                          You'll get one category upgrade, BOGO weekend cert and 5000 PC pts as well.
                          Thanks kkjay77, have been toying with Ambassador status (would rather have RA of course, but that requires a generous benefactor!) Will certanly bear it in mind. I'm assuming that lowly PC Plat wn't make much of a difference at the IC?

Comment

PC plat is just about as good as PC general member at IC although I've been upgraded as a general PC member before

BTW, nickbot, how did you become PC Plat?
                            By points or by 50 nights?
                            If 50 nights, it's been believed that RA will be granted if you can sneak in three or more IC stays at different IC properties.

Comment

kkjay77, my Plat is renewed each year from points rather than stays; I hardly ever stay at IC's, more often at HIX, HI or CP. However, on TOF there's info on the "stay 3 nights at IC, become Ambassador" code - but it's RA that I really want

Comment

Working...
                              X