Open-skies pact SIN-Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open-skies pact SIN-Ireland

a little bit OT, but i think the matter involves SQ.

Singapore and Ireland have signed an open skies agreement, to allow airlines from the two countries to fly without restrictions between the two destinations, the city-state said Wednesday.
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

So which airline will start flying there first?

Comment

don't know.... but i can't see FR or EI flying DUB-SIN
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Another destination for which SQ need the B787-8. Anything larger is probably too large.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda
          Another destination for which SQ need the B787-8. Anything larger is probably too large.
          ...and hopefully it'll continue on to the U.S. (Chicago, Washington, D.C., etc.).

Comment

Question for the experts....

Does the Bermuda II thing include Ireland considering its "part" of the UK....so to speak. If not and with SIN & US also having an open skies, does that mean any SIN-based carried has full rights to fly SIN-Ireland-USA?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Does the Bermuda II thing include Ireland considering its "part" of the UK....so to speak. If not and with SIN & US also having an open skies, does that mean any SIN-based carried has full rights to fly SIN-Ireland-USA?
              Ireland (except the six counties of Northern Ireland) does not count as part of the UK and Bermuda II does not apply. I don't believe there is a US-Ireland Open Skies treaty in place, though there was a recent liberalization or progress toward liberalization. The recent/current treaty is quite restrictive and requires carriers to fly to SNN if they want to serve DUB.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Bermuda II applies to LHR and specific United States gateways (hence the ability of, e.g., US Airways to fly unimpeded by the terms of BII between LGW and PHL).
                Last edited by jjpb3; 14 December 2006, 10:15 AM.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Just read the Business Times (SIN version)...

SIN has full 5th freedom rights out of Ireland

Comment

Boston?

Hmmm. Could this be related to the rumor that SQ are looking at BOS? If SQ could offer BOS-DUB service without the hassles of SNN, that could be a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                      I don't believe there is a US-Ireland Open Skies treaty in place, though there was a recent liberalization or progress toward liberalization. The recent/current treaty is quite restrictive and requires carriers to fly to SNN if they want to serve DUB.
                      Do you mean that a carrier has to stop at SNN before going on to DUB ? Or that a carrier must have flights to both destinations ? I assume the latter as EI, as far as I can see, flies direct JFK to DUB unless this is grandfathered in some way.

Comment

Working...
                      X